Friday, January 10, 2020

Inkspirational Challenge #204~Word Prompt: Fauna...Foxy Thank You and Elephant Congrats

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #204, where we're prompting you to bring FAUNA (aka: animals) to your creations. I'm sure you have one - or several *grin*- critters in your collection.

Before I carry on: we're so sad to share that our sweet, inspiring, talented Sandie, the Queen of CAS, has made the difficult decision to leave Inkspirational...for the time being (that's my hope, anyway). Sandie...you will be missed! We LOVE YOU! Even though you're not here, we know you're still crafting and we know where to find you!

Given the terrible fires in Australia and the tragic loss of animal life, I'm hoping to see plenty of koalas, kangaroos and other species indigenous to the area in the gallery. Alas, nothing of that nature is  in my collection 'stamp-wise', but I did order a cross-stitch koala pattern from The Frosted Pumpkin, the proceeds of which will be donated to Wildlife Victoria.


Two cards from me today, using images from Playful Animals (Pinkfresh Studio) and sentiments from The Stamp Market. Although one fox, one elephant and both sentiments appear 'black' they're actually a deep navy. My photography..sighhhh! 



My wonderful teammates have created fabulous FAUNA cards; please visit and leave them some love, which I know will be deeply appreciated:


Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


13 comments:

Nonni said...

Two cute cards! Love the style of the images and sentiments. Almost a retro feel to the images I feel! Great color combos too. xx

Jeanne said...

First of all, how wonderful are you to buy the koala pattern with the proceeds going to relief efforts. Will have to look into that. Thanks for the info. Second, I want to reassure you that the colors on my screen do indeed look navy for the fox and the elephant. The sentiments do look a little darker. I think your cards are adorable and sweet! I thank you for your dedication to stamping, challenges and relief efforts in Australia. Mwah!! Happy crafting.

Happy Dance said...

Very cute critter cards, Carol! (see what I did there?!, hahahaha!) I'm praying for good long rains all over the Land Down Under to quell those fires...I just can't imagine! I'd send them our rain/sleet/blizzard from last night and today if I could. You've made two very sweet fauna cards, however. And I can see the Navy blue, so I'd guess your photography is just fine! I can also see a couple of butterflies...now I know it's you for sure! : ) Sending hugs. xo Bev

JulieP said...

These are both darling!!!

Lindsey said...

I may have a critter or two in my stash.. cats are fauna, after all! :D Fabulous CAS designs.

Shauna said...

Lovely cards and lovely words in this post! I love your cute critters and the CAS design. Those die sentiments look fantastic!
- Shauna

Crafting Queen said...

Two great card.

Pia S said...

Fresh clean designs, both adorable and beautifully CAS. I can see you’ve used navy colored ink instead of black, but I know the camera often plays tricks on us:)

Marina said...

I love the clean design of these cute and fabulous cards.

Joyce said...

Wonderful fauna cards. They are both so sweet.

Marlena M. said...

Love your graphic animals Carol~ so clean and crisp!

Kim S said...

I love these scenes that you created with the charming little animals. The elephants holding the flags is just perfect for congrats!

Anila Dikay said...

Cute, clean and adorable cards. Love them. Sorry for dropping by late