Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Perfectly CAS January 2020 Challenge~One Layer...Best Wishes



Hello,

Welcome to the Perfectly CAS January 2020 Challenge, where this month's theme is ONE LAYER.


One layer cards: GAHHHH! I always mess up...always!...so this time, I followed...I mean, fully copied *grin* - a sample from the packaging of the Pinkfresh Studio Playful Animals set. There must be a reason why they included those...and I've decided it's to help people, like me, when a) their mojo has left the premises and b) one-layer cards are on the agenda! So happy to have the 'recipe'...and I'll likely   definitely use a few of the other samples down the road.


Turning the stage over to you! 

Looking forward to seeing your Perfectly CAS ONE LAYER cards in the gallery!

A reminder: For this challenge, we're asking you to use one-third (aka: the rule of thirds) or less on your card designs, leaving plenty of scrumptious white space (two-thirds of your panel) to draw our eyes to to your focal image. Kylie has included an easy-to-follow explanation on the challenge blog here.


Thank you for dropping by!


5 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm with you, Carol, one layers are hard. You did a great job on yours. Love the graphic look and the colors you chose. Good for you for continuing to challenge yourself to practice! That's what will make it easier (eventually) right? Hugs!

Linda said...

Great job with the one layer card, love the images.
I totally agree with you Carol, they're not always the easiest cards to create, I never get it right on the first attempt. As they say, practice makes perfect! xx

Shelly said...

Super cute!! And you know me, I'm complete opposite of you when it comes to CAS/one layer. Now, if we were talking layers...yeeeah, not really happening over here. lol (well, minimal layers are sometimes okay.) Oh, and there is nothing wrong with some CASEing or copying. I know some companies that put in guides and whatnot along with their products so you can follow them. ;) Again, your card is so cute! Hugs

Kylie said...

You nailed it, Carol. Absolutely perfect design for a one layer card - I love it!! xx

Sue - said...

A great one layer card!