Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween (X 2)...retrosketches #87; Inky Paws Challenge #4; Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes, Just B Creative Linky Party

Happy Halloween Eve!  I'm sn*eek*ing in with the finale of my "Halloween cards only" diet.  While I'm a bit sad that my spooky goodies will be heading to the 'put away' bin soon - we've shared fabulous time together -  it's time to move on!  After this *diet* I'm ready to go hog-wild planning Christmas cards/projects, with some sprinklings of "other" occasions mixed in.  Variety is the spice, right?  So excited to dive in to my Christmas patterned paper pads...yummy, plus.  Ooops, I'm wandering - as always - off topic.  The diet's still the focus, so...

My first card is off to Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #4 for the sketch and image inspiration,
as well as to Simon Says Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes, and a new discovery (thanks to Susie, who has such darling cards and projects on her site) over at Just B Creative Crazy: October Just Because Linky Party.


I thought the little bats on the paper would pair well with Vampire Bunny; and sorry, 
bow-tying is out of my league, so I went with a flourish...

My finale card (I'm almost feeling teary with yet another 'occasion' coming and going...whooooshhh) is heading to Retrosketches #87
as well as the Simon and Just B Creative Challenges.


That's it...'bye Boo Crew! See you next year!!  (Shhhh....I have some Newton's Holiday Mischief waiting for a turn on the stage, so it's a bittersweet turn-about!)  

Thank you ever so much for all your support on my "Halloween cards only" diet! Your warm comments of encouragement have made this first time experience beyond fabulous!  Tonight's project is deciding who - education assistants, the librarian (she makes amazing glass art!) and a smattering of teachers - will get which card - and adding a little treat, just for good measure!  Really, I am such a kid sometimes...

Thanks for dropping by! Your visit is welcome and your comments appreciated!




17 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Happy Halloween, Carol! Thanks so much for playing along again with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs! Love the Vampire Bunny card! The addition of a flourish was a fun idea (I admit that I'm not the greatest at bows either - usually just do a cute knot!).

Can't wait to see what you do with Newton's Holiday Mischief!

Shannon J said...

Encore, encore!!! I don't want it to end either! Can we see more?!! That dang calendar - your right, it's flipping it's pages way too quickly! But I am so looking forward to seeing what's in store for Christmas! Love the last two Halloweenies for the year - both are just showing more and more how amazingly talented you are!! They are fr'eek'in awesome!!! ;)

Shannon J said...

Oops, I meant you'RE right - sorry teach!

Shannon J said...

Oh, and I meant itS pages, not it's!! Big ol' F for me on my grammar test! Okay, last comment on the grammar - ha ha!!!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful finale, Carol ... two more little cuties here, beautifully showcased! Looking forward now to seeing the results of your next 'diet'! Anita:)

Stephanie said...

What sweet Halloween cards....definitely treats for the eyes :) x

Darnell said...

Oh, well done, Carol! Your Halloween posts have given us a bookload of inspiration for many years to come! These final two are also fabulous! I've never seen a vampire bunny and LOL!! Happy Halloween!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

2 more adorable cards & I love the substitution of the flourish! Treat for you, for sure!

Happy Dance said...

It's been fun to see all of your Halloween creations. These last of yours are amazing. I just love those NN stamps. You made the cutest little bunny and mummy. Always fun to come here and see what you've made. Such sweet cards. Bev

~amy~ said...

such awesome halloween cards...been really enjoying them!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Look at you busy girl, these are so fun! I love them both and great job with the challenges!

Geri said...

...sn'eek'ing (so clever!). I'm so not a bow-tier either, so the flourish is definitely a favorite with me! Great call on pairing the bat paper with the more cute than scary kitty! The poor little bear looks like he was short a roll or two of medical tape to pull off a convincing mummy costume! Fabulous as ever!!!

You will definitely be making your co-workers H'ween day a special one - especially with the added bonus of a treat or two :)

Lisa Carroll said...

These are adorable! great job with the sketches, too! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Greta said...

Check out FSS--you won a stamp set!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, your vampire bunny is adorable! Great cards:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim S said...

I loved the Boo Crew too - but Holiday Mischief is going to be fun too!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

Meihsia Liu said...

Both cards are fun and beautiful! I love the cute images and the faux stitches. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)