Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ink Splash Halloween...Little Tangles Challenge #23 - Sketch

Cold, snowy, brrrr-day...perfect recipe for card-making, hibernating, cookie-baking and all things inside, toasty warm.  I just finished creating my entry for the Little Tangles: Challenge 23, (such a wonderful sketch from June)


which I wasn't sure I'd do, given the *Halloween cards only diet* that I''m currently on and the Neat and Tangles stamps - primarily birthday/inspiration - that I have (fabulous stamps! Seriously fabulous!!).  But then, with the help of the inspiration card here - the sparks ignited.  I inked up my Ink Splash stamps, which were NBUS for me, but not my niece, who had a great time last weekend making splashes and splotches with them. I admit to a near "gahhhh" moment, when she announced, "I'm making new colours, Aunty C" and, turning to look, she was pressing one dewdrop into another, then another, then another...Eeek, until it occurred to me that a) I brought those inks for *her* to play with and b) I don't really like them that much, anyway. Actually, her 'fresh palette' was rather pretty...

(ETA:  So honoured and excited that my little creation was selected as Top Tangle! THANK YOU so much!)

Just had a call from my husband, in Ottawa, who instructed me to check out Canadian Cycling magazine, and guess what I found there....ta dahhh...Here's he is (sporting his new glasses and spiky hair...whatever), receiving an award to celebrate the Tour of Alberta, held in September.  He's rather a cutie; glad I married him ;-)


Off to deal with a couple chores...I'll likely be back. Still need to share my 10 Days to Halloween Countdown calendar...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments are welcome and appreciated!

15 comments:

June Houck said...

Carol, what a super fun Halloween card! The splatters say "Trick" rather than treat :)

Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles!

Shannon J said...

Well, my oh my, what a handsome card...and what a handsome husband!!! What a well deserved thrill for him to be honoured for all of the work he did for the Tour. I am so proud of him - and of you!! You have amazing will power, sticking to your diet like this! But when you keep pumping out masterpieces like this, why stop?!!! Love the subtle Halloween theme - just perfect for a Halloween hello to anyone! xo

Anonymous said...

You're on a roll with your Halloween diet, Carol ... this is such fun! I couldn't get my head round this one at all ... you on the other hand did an amazing job ... brilliant! And how fabulous is it to have a famous husband ... what great recognition for him ... you're quite right to be so proud! Anita :)

Geri said...

...rrrrrrollling right along is right! This is a perfect example of 'thinking outside the box'. I never would have dreamed to use ink splots on a H'ween card? Mind you, they do look eerily similar to the egg splots left behind on unsuspecting vehicles and houses on Halloween night! Lovin' the sweet polka dots too :)

A huge congrats to Andy! Yes, he is a cutie - love his spiked hair! You must be so proud of him! I'm thinking that you should be up there as well, receiving an award for 'behind the scene' support and encouragement...especially for all the time you spent in the rain timing riders!

~amy~ said...

I was cringing when I started the read the "new colors"...I knew what was coming next :) Your card is wonderful, I think that ink splash is one of my FAV stamps! How exciting that your handsome hubbie was in the cycling magazine!

Greta said...

Love, love, love that card, Carol! I made one on that order but without the wonderful details. So fun you gave your niece inks to use, but cracked me up you forgot they were for her when she started mixing colors! Cutie is right--how cool he's in the magazine! Next we need a picture of the 2 of you--what do you say?!

Unknown said...

I love this post! Everything about it! Congrats to your hubby for his fab acknowledgement...and congrats to your hubby for snatching YOU up! Smart men those cyclists :D

The card is fabulous dearie! I LOVE the splatters, the sentiment banner and the colors. Just awesome!!!

Darnell said...

You have a handsome Mister there, Carol! Thanks for sharing! Your splat card is fantastic!! And that was so cute about your niece making "new" colors! Good for you for letting her have her moment of artistic license!! Hugs, Darnell

Jennifer Jackson said...

Very cute card! Love the bright colors! Also - congrats to your hubby on his award! Very cool! (and great pic of him too!)

Kim S said...

Such a great picture and what an honor - you should definitely be proud of him!! And what a perfect trick or treat card - those splatters are great!!

shirley-bee said...

Love the multi-coloured splatters!

Ren-Yi said...

Heehee. What a great pic. he is pretty suave looking. Your card is pretty amazing. I love the paint splash and how you used it! Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

Kim S said...

I knew this was a winner!!! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats on your win hun! You ROCKED this challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee ... congratulations on being the Top Tangle, Carol, with this inspired delight! Anita :)