Friday, October 25, 2013

Feathers + Fur Halloween Cuties... Paper Smooches SPARKS, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Unscripted Sketches #227, Retro sketches #86

I've put myself on a very stringent diet plan: Halloween cards for the next couple of days. Only ONE choice on the menu!  As much as allllll my Christmas products (especially the papers, oh my goodness, the papers...) are calling me, I will. not. listen.  Halloween. That's it. No sampling; no tempting treats (well, maybe some sorting of said papers, and gazing at the patterns!); no deviating. With only seven days to go before the 31st, I need to maximize my Halloween stamps and papers. So that's the deal; done and settled!

Two cards to share today - quickly, because the entry time lines are drawing near.

First is my "feather' cutie pie card, heading off to Paper Smooches SPARKS: Cool Shades challenge for the colour inspiration (which I stretched just a weeeeee little bit)

along with Retrosketches #86 for the sketch piece:
Here's my PS Chubby Chums little owl, making its debut and wearing its "Halloween" purple and orange feathers costume..


I know it's quite a departure from the stunning entries already posted, but...sticking to my Halloween meal plan.  The little wink of teal sequin - hope that fulfills the Cool Shades requirement.

(My little owl was awarded Feature Player status over on the PS blog; I'm sooooo honoured: http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/october-28-november-3-picture-perfect.html)

Second card, is one of the cutest doxxie's EVER - from Newton's Nook Designs Boo Crew  - sporting her princess crown and tutu over at Unscripted Sketches #227:



Check out Bev's little dachshund here. Sweet or what??

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Halloween  - both headed that way, too.

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!





13 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

These are SO cute! Love the designs, and your coloring is perfect! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Shannon J said...

You totally crack me up!! I love that you have put yourself on a very strict Halloween diet plan!! I'm saving my Halloween diet plan until after the 31st when I will inhale WAY too many serious sweet treats and need to swear off chocolate for months (ok, probably more like a day or so!!). Stay strong Carol, stay strong!! hahahaha! I love these just oh so much! That little owl just stole my heart! And your colouring on both cards - ahhhh-mazing (as always!). Paper choices, bang on (as always too!!!). FAB-U-LOUS!!!

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic cards Carol~lovely layouts and colors! Thanks for your recent sweet visit~wow, you've experienced SO MUCH in a short time period. I found a book "Third Culture Kids:Growing Up Among Worlds" so helpful with understanding the mindset of my kids~since THEY are the ones who REALLY experienced the moves more than I. It formed and shaped them. However, God knows what He is doing and He has a plan for them. I'm glad He let us cross paths friend!

Unknown said...

What a set of super cute cards you have made. Love them.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha ... just arrived from seeing another cutie patootie tutu attired poochy over at Bev's ... he's such a sweetie, Carol! I adore the little teal gem on your hooty tooty paper smoochy owl ... it's a perfect addition to this chubby chum! Anita :)

~amy~ said...

Love them!

Happy Dance said...

Thanks for the shout out! Love your cards....as per usual, Carol! That rotund owl is darling; love how you've dressed up his feathers in Halloween colors. And dang, girl, great mind think alike...that little doxie is just so much fun! Love her orange tutu - with a matching crown...so very Halloweeny! Great cards, my friend. And I know all about the diet plan. I vowed not to make a card until I finished that darn ol' scrapbook. Yay!!! I can play!!! Seriously fun cards, and I'm sure your little ones will adore them. Bev

Geri said...

Wow...when you say you mean business...you mean business...as in Halloween business! My plan is similar to yours....nothing but spooks allowed in the craft room today!

Fabulous cards - the PS owl is so darn cute! Awesome job coordinating Mr. Hoot's attire with the fabulous colors in the DP. I'm quite sure that the wee wink of teal will definitely be within the color guidelines!

Your sweet little doxxie is definitely the prettiest princess ever, sporting such fashionable puppy attire! Love the 'royal court jester' designer paper...perfect backdrop for princess puppy!

The stitched mats really do rock! They just seem to 'complete a project! Perhaps it's the visual border that they create ???



Greta said...

You make the cutest cards! These are both darling, Carol! Your "diet" is working, my friend!

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOL about the Halloween-only cards--great idea. :) Big congrats on your PSS shout-out! Your card is *so* cute!! It's a perfect take on the colors. And look at the cute NND!! I love the colors your used for her outfit.

Jennifer Jackson said...

Hi Carol! Very cute cards, both of them! I love the simple layouts! Plus, I'm really enjoying seeing you create more cards with the Boo Crew Set - I will be sad when Halloween is over because I'm having so much fun with that set right now too!

Unknown said...

Fabulous takes on yet more awesome sketch challenges! I love the owl...one of my fave PS sets and your puppy coloring is perfect. What a sweet image!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOL! I LOOOOOOOOVE your little owl card! What a great combo of papers and stamps:) YOU nailed that color story! THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you join in the fun this week for the STRIPE trend watch challenge;)

ps... so sorry I'm behind in leaving comments! <3

ps2.... LOOOOOOOVE that little pup on your second card!! LOVE your coloring and use of b/w and kraft! LOOOOOOVE it! <3