Friday, October 4, 2013

Boo Crew Cute...Inky Paws Challenge #3 (Newton's Nook Designs), Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: We're Going Dotty

A few weeks back, the talented, creative Kim (Joyful Creations with Kim) shared a charming series of cards (waiting while you take a peek) featuring a new-to-me stamp company, Newton’s Nook Designs.  A casual stroll over to that site, and that was it: smitten!  My visit just happened to coincide with their September release blog hop, and after a delightful round of oohing and ahhhing about the DTs blogs, leaving my oft-wordy comments as I journeyed, something fabulous happened:  I won a set of Boo Crew!   From the first peek of those adorable Halloween-costume clad critters, to welcoming them to my collection, they have been a daily smile maker! 

The stamp set arrived just shortly after Jen shared Inky Paws (love that name!) Challenge #3.
Previously, I've mentioned  that across the hall from me, a handful of remarkable people work with special needs students, and their interactions are nothing short of heart-warming and inspiring.  Magic does happen when these caring souls connect with the young folks.  So, my musing began: Halloween + new stamps + wonderful sketch + people who I so enjoy giving cards to = ideas sparked.  Two evenings of creation later, and I’m ready (as usual - nearly at the wire of entering!) to share my own Boo Crew set.

Time to let the pictures do the talking…

First on the runway:  Boo Crew Bear, sporting mummy-wear with a bit of flair; and since he's wearing polka-dots, he's heading off to Simon Says Wednesday's Challenge: We're Going Dotty  Little bear is water-coloured with distress markers, and nestled in a MCT frame and flower…


Second up, is Boo Crew Bunny, sporting a vampire cape and teeth, again water-coloured with distress markers.  A thought-bubble tells us exactly what he’s thinking…


 Third comes Boo Crew kitty, clad in a stunning white ghost costume, and tip-toeing through a wee spill of candies.  The purple arrow reveals that the mini-folder opens up (I have a teeny clothes peg holding it close for the photo shoot) – where sweet little messages can be written, like “boo”!


Finally, Boo Crew owl, having fun playing dress-up with a witch’s chapeau, with some shimmery gray paper in the background. The stitched double layer tag is from MCT, as is the sentiment burst. 


Here’s a couple photos of pairings…



And the group  together...



Jen – hope I did justice to the Boo Crew set – and THANK YOU  again for sending them my way. I'm excited to share these with the Educational Assistants later this month (if I can wait that long...)

Their debut accomplished, I have more plans for them next week, when I begin creating the “10 Day Countdown to Halloween" mini-calendar for my niece.   And the sweet doxxie – watch for her ‘big reveal’ coming soon…

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day!


14 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Um awesome set! Each card is great! Fab job with the sketch too!

Laura Sterckx said...

I love this set of cards! The images are all so sweet and I love how you colored them! :)
Thanks for sharing your cards at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! Can you please mention and link to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog? Otherwise you won't be eligible in the random prize draw..

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Carol !! I love them all,, the images are just sooo CUTE ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the win, Carol ... you're on a roll! These are so cute, beautifully shaded and perfectly matched with the DP ... they're sure to be sooo appreciated by your colleagues! Anita :)

Jennifer Jackson said...

Hi Carol! Thanks so much for playing along with our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs! You really did a fabulous job with your cards - super duper cute! I love the flower on the bear mummy and the file folder on the kitty card is such a cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing what you made!!

Happy Dance said...

Aren't these just the cutest little Halloween stamps ever?! I love these...your cards (as well as the stamps!). I bet the recipients will love these as much as we do. You are just the sweetest person to do this. Love these. : ) Bev

~amy~ said...

What an absolutely CUTE card set! You've been creatively busy! Love your coloring!

Unknown said...

These are awesome! So smart to make a whole set while you're working away. FABULOUS designs!

Geri said...

Thud...yep, my chin is sore...might even be bleeding...really hurts - especially when it clips the edge of my keyboard on the way down!

I am in awe of your talent dear friend. These cards are beyond spectacular. I seriously stared at them forever! All the little details are so perfectly 'connected' to each specific card with an end result that is ALWAYS perfect, A flawless design that just seems to "happen". Seriously - WOW!

BTW, I'm calling winner, winner' on these cuties!

Greta said...

Love the sketch & wow--4 great cards that are sure to bring happiness & smiles! Great work, Carol!

Shannon J said...

Bar none, my #1 FAVE set of cards by you, ever!!! Man, you went beyond doing them justice - these are aaaawwwwweeeesome!!!!! And love them even more because of whom you are making these for - more evidence of what an absolutely thoughtful, kind, warm, sweet person you are!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word how cute are all of these cards.. such fun images and great designs..

Kim S said...

They are really cute stamps, aren't they? Have you seen the holiday peeks? I love what you have done with each card. The same general layout but different paper, shapes, etc. and they are all unique!

Kylie said...

Woohoo! Another win. They are such ADORABLE stamps and I just love each and every card. You colouring is wonderful. Each design is just so cute. I want to borrow some of your mojo - just a teensy bit, please! :) Happy days to you, C!