Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Just Us Girls Challenge #716 - CASE a DT Week - Cheerful Panda Love (Alex Syberia Cheerful Pandas, Concord & 9th Love, SL Hearts)

Hello,

Happy Leap Day 2024 and welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #716, where we invite you to CASE a Design Team Member. The 'rules' are simple:
  • select one of our Design Team cards and 
  • make it your own based on whatever sparked your creativity: the colors, elements, theme, style, etc. 
In your description, tell us whose card you chose, what inspired you and how you translated that inspiration into your version. We're excited to see who and what caught your eye! 

Behind the scenes this month, I set a personal challenge: to focus on creating love-themed cards that showcased at least two of the following: hearts, the word 'love', pinks and/reds. I wound up with close to 28 cards (some duplicates) which I'll bundle for my niece and nephew for those days when they need a little paper love from Aunty c. I'm hoping to see them in March, so that will be 'one' of their birthday gifts (hard to believe my niece will be 14 on the 3rd and my nephew 12 on the 12th). 

This card features the cutie-patootie pandas from Alex Syberia Designs' Cheerful Pandas, a love die from Concord & 9th and stenciled hearts from Studio Light. Those pandas...seriously LOVE! 


Lots to CASE if you choose my card (honoured if you do): pandas, colours, stenciling, flowers, cute critter images, black + white + pink + red...

Enjoy CASEing! 

Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Jeanne said...

You are absolutely THE BEST auntie ever, Carol. You are so thoughtful and encouraging to your niece and nephew (and your crafty friends). I know they will love your love filled cards. I can't believe how grown up they are. They were bitty just yesterday, right? Have a happy day, my friend.

Kim S said...

They are so cute playing around the "LOVE" letters! Just like your recent candle card. LOVE your use of the pandas!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Can’t go wrong with adorable pandas! Such a cute card

Carol said...

This is an adorable card Carol! Those cute little pandas steal the show! Now I really want that LOVE die, too! Those are sweet colors you chose: pink, white and black. And you are so thoughtful to make cards with your niece and nephew in mind. Great idea to have cards ready to send them. You sure are working that favorite aunt angle!!! LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a whole lot of cute! The pandas are extra sweet and I like the soft pink hearts you added to the background. Darling card, Carol!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... you had me with that sweet little ladybug. Too cute...love it!

Bobby said...

What a goal you set for yourself, Carol. I'm sure C and T appreciate the cards and you. The pandas are adorable accents to the large love letters.

Marina said...

Love this, Carol - you inspired me!

Ina G said...

Love love love those pretty pink hearts and adorable panda's sharing the love with those wee hearts. So sweet Carol.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so darn sweet! I love the big LOVE paired with the adorable panda bears, ladybug and butterfly and the soft addition of the little hearts on the background.