Thursday, February 1, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #80 - Red & Pink - February 14 Happy Valentine's Day (Hero Arts Numbers, MCT sentiment)

Hello,

February 1st (already!) means time to launch Colour Hues Challenge #80, where our lovely hostess, Sheri has selected hues of Red and Pink, traditional Valentine/Love colours as inspiration for the next two weeks.

A new month also brings a new, fresh look to Colour Hues, with updated stylish blog header, challenge badges and watermarks. Thank you to Nancy's son, Ty, for prettying things up!

We're delighted to have Bobby as our Guest Designer for this challenge. Welcome!


I die cut and pieced together several strips of red and pink to create my Valentine card. My new-to-my-stash numbers are from Hero Arts (so fun, those!), February die cut from Elizabeth Crafts, the background hearts (cut and glued in place...I really need a hearts embossing folder!) from Concord & 9th and the stamped sentiment from MCT.  Love when products from various companies play nicely.


Looking forward to seeing how you're inspired by Red and Pink!

Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Carol said...

Fun heart background for that cool striped 14!!!! Those hearts were well worth the effort of placing them just how you wanted them! That FebRUARY die cut is fab too! Can you tell I really love this card?!!

Julia Aston said...

Yikes! I LOVE those BIG numbers and the fun font on the FEB! Can't believe you don't have a hearts EF - I must have 4-5 of them!(why???) What a great solution adding die cuts - this card is so textural and wonderful for Valentines! Julia xx

Jeanne said...

Such a delightful heart filled Valentine's card!

Julie B said...

That big number certainly packs a punch, especially in the new colours! The white on white heart background is the perfect foil. :)

Nancy said...

I always am surprised when I come by your blog as it's always fresh and new! Love the white hearts background and your entire card! Well done! Have a wonderful day!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Absolutely LOVE this card Carol!! The large numbers look fantastic in the red & pink stripes and I'm loving the die cut February too! And what a great way to make a background with the white on white hearts! (I need a hearts ef too!!) Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Stef Perry said...

Absolutely spectacular card, Carol! I truly want to dive into your die collection one day lol! While embossing folders are great, I thought the white on white die cut heart background equally or more impactful (although obviously more work) and of course love your striped numbers. Always inspired by your creations!

Cindy Beach said...

Carol, this card is amazing! I love how all the elements combine beautifully. The hearts background and striped numbers are bold and look great in these colors! I love everything about it! You always inspire me.

Tracey McNeely said...

This card screams fun! Those big numbers are fantastic! Love every detail, you always are so original!

Bobby said...

The stripes are so much fun cut with the numbers, Carol. I love the heart die cuts in the background. I need to remember to do that.

JulieP said...

I know how much effort went into this beauty and it was all well worth it. Every detail is spot on. LOVE!