Friday, March 1, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #82 - Turquoise and Green - You're My Favorite (Concord and 9th Enchanted Hearts)

Hello,

 Welcome to Color Hues Challenge #82, where our lovely hostess, Tracey, invites us to play with hues of Turquoise & Green for the next two weeks. Certainly, a combination that transitions well from March into Spring. 

We're delighted to have Tenia joining us as our Guest Designer; welcome! 

Concord and 9th's Enchanted Hearts makes its debut...and yes, I may have done some inlay. Love the look but it did take a few minutes....okay, more than a few minutes! A LOT of minutes, especially to fit the bitty dots in their bitty spaces. One and done; I've found work-arounds to get pretty results minus the squinting and select 'language' I may have blurted out a time or two.  LOL!


Looking forward to seeing how you create magic with Turquoise and Green.

The challenge will be open until March 14th @ 9 AM EST!

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a
future Guest Designer!


Thank you for dropping by!


14 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a work of creative love putting all those pieces into the die cut Carol - but SO worth it - what a beautiful design and lovely in these colors! This will have to go to a friend that NEVER throws their special cards away! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, Carol! Worth all of those minutes!

Julie B said...

Well worth all the effort Carol, such a pretty card. :)

Karen said...

I first saw this die cut in a Jennifer McGuire "live" with Concord & 9th. I loved it then and I love it now! All that inlaid work was worth every moment it took. Such a beautiful card!

Jeanne said...

SO worth the time and saltiness, my friend. What a wonderfully pretty card! Thank you so much for persevering and sharing!

Marcia Hill said...

You have a lot more patience than I Carol, but oh it was so worth it as the end result is GORGEOUS!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

Your effort absolutely paid off, Carol! Your beautiful card for a favorite recipient is a wonderful treasure they're sure to love!

Nancy said...

This is such a petty card and a labor of love for sure! Always a pleasure to see what you are going to do with our colors. Stay warm up there.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! That is a lot of intricate work, Carol! I admire anyone who can do so much with tiny pieces. Beautiful die cuts and perfect in-lays! Thank you for letting me know about Inkspirational, too. hugs, de

Karen said...

Back to say thanks for alerting me to the Inkspirational Challenge! I think I find the challenges through your blog, as I don't get the updates. I need to fix that. In the meantime, thanks - I enjoy playing along and it's always an honor to be a Top Pick!

Stef Perry said...

I'm there with you when it comes to itty bitty die cut pieces but there is certainly a level of great satisfaction when you realize the masterpiece you've created, which is what you've done here! It's a beautiful design and these colors worked perfectly. Gorgeous card Carol!

Tracey McNeely said...

No question I have so much respect for inlaying! It's a process, a huge process and yours looks so lovely Carol! Every day there are so many stamps and dies I would like to test out but could never get them all! This is beautiful! xo

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful, Carol! No way would I have done all that inlay--so impressive! I barely finished doing the hearts on the smaller IO plate I used for Valentines!

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, I haven't played with this set yet and I love how you used only two colors on your card! I'm inspired to do some inlaying now.