Saturday, July 1, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #67 - Merlot & Navy...Postage Stamps Floral Card (Pigment Craft Co., Spellbinders)

Hello,

First, Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends! Hope you have a wonderful July 1st!

Welcome to Colour Hues Challenge #67, where our wonderful hostess, Marcia, invites us to use hues of Merlot and Navy as inspiration for the next two weeks. 

We're delighted to have Rosemary joining us for this challenge.

As Marcia mentioned on the host blog, we ought not to get "too" concerned if our colours are not spot on matches. As far as the Merlot goes on my card, I went with what I had: a deep lipstick. Close enough for me! My non-sentiment card uses Pigment Craft Co.'s Postage Grid Cover Plate, decorated with the background stamps and an assortment of little flowers/leaves from that set, as well as a few little Spellbinders blooms. Took a while to make but I'm happy with the results. No sentiment means it can be used for any occasion. 


Looking forward to seeing how Merlot and Navy inspire you.

This challenge will be open until July 14th @ 9AM!

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a 
future Guest Designer!

Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Nancy said...

I am totally crushing on this card, Carol. It could not be any cuter and so perfectly executed. Awesome, awesome job!

Karen said...

Love the patchwork design with these wonderful postage stamp creations! Indeed, all your work was well worth it!

Julie B said...

Love your design Carol, it reminds me of a patchwork quilt. It might have taken some time but it was definitely worth it! :)

Jeanne said...

This card looks fabulous! Well worth the time and effort. Love that color combo.

Stef Perry said...

Carol, I can't tell you how much I love your card! All the postage stamp die cuts decorated so sweetly and the colors worked beautifully with this design! Fab job, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a great use of the colors! Cute card, Carol!

Marcia Hill said...

I am totally crushing on this card Carol...reminds me of a quilt and your colors worked beautifully!! It may have been a little time consuming and fiddly, but oh so worth it, and I love the no sentiment too so you can use it as needed!! You really made my color combo SHINE Carol with this FABULOUS card...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

Carol, your card highlights the colors beautifully! I love the cover plate, what an imapact it makes!

TK said...

Adorable card! Love all the little details that add so much

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol I love how your card turned out. The quilted pattern is just fantastic and it's such a pretty design!

Rosemary said...

It might have taken you awhile to create, but your card is amazing! Thanks so much for the lovely comment.