Tuesday, May 2, 2023

HLS Birthday Challenge - May 2023 - Butterfly Happy Happy Happy Birthday (Local Rubber King Stamps)

Hello,



Recently, I went to the Great Canadian Carnival Marketplace, with several vendors under one roof. Oh my stars! I may not have exercised as much restraint as I should have! I ended up purchasing a variety of rubber stamps and, for some, coordinating dies, from a company based in Vancouver: Local Rubber King Stamps, mainly because I was so mesmerized by the samples created by the owner. She was amazing! My card features two of my new purchases: a butterfly, coloured with watercolour markers, then stamped onto cardstock and die cute, and a background sky stamped with regular ink. That sky is soooo cool! I need to use it with different inks to see what happens, then pair it with, oh...balloons, kites, more butterflies...Lots of possibilities and certainly faster than using cloud stencils. 
Sentiment is an OLD set from Annabelle Stamps. Definitely a keeper! 


Looking forward to seeing your birthday-inspired cards filling the gallery.

Thank you for dropping by!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a pretty way to say happy birthday! What a fabulous butterfly!

Jeanne said...

How fun for you, Carol! I'm so glad you had such fun. Your card is stop in your tracks gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing. Crafty hugs!