Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #64 - Orange and Slate Grey - May Your Coffee Be Strong (Concord and 9th Coffee Cups) and Good Things are Going to Happen (HA Koi, Rubber stamps)

Hello,

Welcome to Colour Hues Challenge #64, where Julie B, our wonderful hostess, invites us to draw inspiration from the pairing of Orange and Slate Grey. Loads of possibilities, indeed.

  We're also delight to have Joanne joining us today as our guest designer.

I reached for my Taylored Expressions Perk Up kit for this challenge; it's fun and versatile. Here, I used an assortment of orange inks - Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and one other than I can't recall. Weathered Wood served nicely for slate grey. The label for the sentiment used, obviously, orange and grey cardstock. Love the sentiment.


Then, I did a second card as an experiment using  a rubber stamp, from Local King Rubber Stamps, called River Rock, as a background. The koi is an oldie from Hero Arts. It's 'okay'...need more practice with and to find more uses for  the background stamp, though.


Looking forward to your Slate Grey and Orange creativity filling the gallery.

This challenge will be open until April 14 @ 9:00 AM EST

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a 
future Guest Designer!


Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Julie B said...

Love the background stamp Carol, I thought it was a piece of DP. The coffee cups card is fun too, you're right about that sentiment! :)

Lisa Elton said...

These are both terrific, Carol! The background looks great with that fish!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful cards, Carol. I love the shades of orange and gray you used. Muted and elegant!

Marcia Hill said...

Both of your cards are great Carol and work perfectly with the color combo. I especially like the 1st card and the sentiment, and I don't even like coffee (I know...GASP!!). Is the background on the first card a big background stamp where you colored in each mug/cup, or is it a stencil? Either way, it's fabulous! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

I am admiring your first card as I sit here with my DD iced coffee beside me. I love the background and of course that funny greeting. Then I scroll and see your Koi fish card and I immediately think what a clever girl you are...these colors are perfect for that stamp. Love them equally! Hugs!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two fabulous cards Carol! I think the coffee cups are so cheery and fun and that koi - just fabulous against that pebbled background.

JulieP said...

You had me at coffee but then I saw that rock background. It's fabulous!!!!

Stef Perry said...

There's something just so fabulous about a background with multiple images, and coffee cups? Oh, yes please! This is such a clever design Carol and of course the sentiment couldn't be more perfect! Then there's your koi card, which turned out beautifully. Using the rock background stamp was truly an inspired choice. Both are terrific!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol both are fantastic cards but as I have already told you that coffee background is so awesome. Not available anywhere but I am so pleased to enjoy it with you! Would love to have a cuppa with you!

Cindy Beach said...

Such great cards, Carol! I like both, but the stamped coffee background is amazing! You did some superb stamping and mixing of colors to make it pop! This card gets a BIG shout out from me, I love it!