Friday, April 5, 2019

Just Us Girls Challenge #482~Word Week...Cross-Stitch House

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #482~Word Week, where our lovely Bobby has selected HOUSES as our theme.


We're thrilled to be joined by our talented guest designer, Christine Perez ; please visit her, as well as my teammates - SueAngieVickiInaBobbyNancyLisa and Maria - who would love to know you dropped by.

My card today is, well..a 'house'...a cross-stitch one, to be precise! 'Bout time I use those MFT dies of mine!  This took far longer than I anticipated but wonderful to play with my floss and needles. 

QUESTION: those of you who use this die (or a version, thereof): what type and number of threads do you use? I used DMC, all 6 strands. Good coverage, however, up close, some of the 'x's are difficult to see.  Looking for guidance and recommendations, please and thank you!

Same card; two photos. I used bits of bling for the flower centers and the sentiment will go inside....



Over to you...
Looking forward seeing what kinds of houses will fill this week's gallery! 
See you there!

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a fun design! I'd imagine that took some time to do but it was all worth it, so fantastic!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Carol, I adore this!! The houses are so pretty! What a labor of love. I keep wanting to stitch on these dies and haven't yet done it either. They look just lovely! I don't know/remember what number of threads people use. I know Jennifer McGuire uses that pearl cotton size 5 and I think it's a little thinner than all 6 of DMC together. I imagine using 3 or 4 strands might help keep the cross look. Not sure that that helped at all, but there you go! Hopefully you get an answer that does help! Hugs!

Ginger said...

I use 6 strands of DMC floss when using this die. I look forward to seeing other cards using this die.

Vicki Dutcher said...

To much work for me - but boy is this adorable! :)

Ina G said...

OMG I am in awe of your patience with creating this stunning piece of cross stitch Carol. I can't sew for the life of me but my sister would love this. I would only make a mess! Truly beautiful!

Bobby said...

I used to cross-stitch but gave it up when I couldn't see what I was doing. Plus I get bored easily. I'd be more apt to design the images which I did for a friend who did plastic canvas cross-stitch. I love the look of your little house, Carol. Did you design it too? The little beads are a great touch.

Nancy said...

I spend hours on a card sometimes but don't think stitching is in my patience radar. This is fabulous no matter the thickness of the string! LOVE IT Carol!!!

Macimbalo said...

Oh my goodness - what patience you have to make such a gorgeous creation!!!! It's stunning!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love your cross stitched house and flowers and great touch with the added bling for the flower centers. Such a work of love!