Friday, April 6, 2018

Kindness and Just Because...Just Us Girls Challenge #435~Bold

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #435~Word Week, where our sweet Ina has selected BOLD as our inspiration! Bold letters, words, colours...whatever you choose, make it big and bright!


If you've come from - or are heading to - the challenge blog, you'll see an array of fabulous cards from our April Guest Designer Karren Johnson - welcome to JUGS, Karren - and my talented teammates: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria.
I also have my own Guest Designer: my 8-year-old niece (yes, eight...she turned 8 in March), who designed a card for the challenge while she was at our place, visiting (with her family) over Easter Sunday/Monday. I'm soooooo impressed with her talents and hope you will be, too!

First, my card. Even though Spring is slow to arrive and Summer seems a long way off, I'm seeing Farmer Market signs popping up around our town. Those, in turn, reminded me of my Altenew Farmer's Market set, filled with big vegetable images. I inked them in bold colours, added a sentiment and...done! Salad, anyone? Perhaps a stir fry?


Next, is my niece's wonderfully bold 'rainbow' floral card. She used a combination of Zigs/Tombows to colour her Studio Katia You're So Ranunculus blooms, stenciled dragonflies from STAMPlorations Dragonfly Waltz for her background and added a sentiment from Studio Katia Label Messages. Aside from actually using the heat gun and getting a wee bit of help with some gluing, she did everything else herself! I started crafting with her when she was barely three and she can navigate my Misti and Big Shot like a pro!  I absolutely LOVE her bright, pretty card!


Turning the stage over to you! 
Looking forward to seeing your BOLD creations in the gallery!

Also sharing my niece's card at:



Thank you for dropping by!


17 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Wow...Eight years old and already a pro..I am so impressed with her vibrant coloring of her beautiful flowers. Your card is a wonderful reminder that Spring and Gardening will be here soon. TFS Hugs...Nancy

Jeanne said...

Your card is a rainbow of delight, Carol. Such yummy looking veggies! Great job. Your niece learned well from her aunty. I adore the bright and bold blooms, placed wonderfully in a bouquet. Her stenciled background looks terrific, too. You taught her well and she is chock full of talent. Thanks so much for sharing! Big hugs!!

Bobby said...

Stir fry sounds delicious to me, Carol, and your card looks delicious. Great colors and arrangement of vegetables. Ms. T's card is gorgeous. She has been a good student who may one day pass the teacher. ;)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Both so great! The flowers are beauties and i love the veggies!

Trina P. said...

Yummy veggies... would love a stir fry! 😉 Fun bold card, Carol.
Now, well done Ms. T with her beautiful bold rainbow floral card. She should enter it in this week’s Tuesday Throwdown Rainbow Colors Challenge.
http://tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.ca/2018/04/tuesday-throwdown-386-rainbow-colors.html

Vicki Dutcher said...

That veggie card is too fun! Love the "bold" use of color. Your neice's is amazing! Upload that into the linky! She should be able to enter too :)

Karren said...

Thanks for the welcome, Carol! Both your card and your niece's are gorgeous, bold statements! Love those vegetables and your niece's flowers are beautiful. Give her a high 5 from me!

Macimbalo said...

Such a gorgeous bold card, love it! And oh my goodness, your niece's card is AMAZING too! You are both superstars!!!

Ina G said...

Oh YUM! to your big bold veggies Carol. Stir Fry for me please.
Your crafty genes have certainly rubbed off on your niece. What an outstanding job she has done on her beautifully coloured bright flowers. Love her background and so glad you have entered her card in the Gallery for all to see.

Dotty Jo said...

Love the bold colours and your beautiful, crisp stamping! Great work from your niece too - she's a natural, Jo x

Macimbalo said...

Thanks so much for entering your niece's BOLD and totally amazing card in the jUGS challenge this week! Please tell her how impressed we all are! BRAVO!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful, bright floral card! Great big kudos to your niece. How old is she? She did a fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness, your niece's card is totally AMAZING! You both really rocked this Bold challenge this week. Can't imagine how fun it must be to create cards with her! Who knows, she could one day have a card making blog of her own! She is so lucky to have you!

samantha's cards said...

Lovely cards, I really like the colorful flowers on the 2nd card. Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you used the veggies on your card! That is so cool. And your niece's card is absolutely gorgeous with those beautiful, bold blooms! She is showing a lot of talent!

Emily Lauritzen said...

These are beautiful! I love all the bright bold colors! And how fun that you get to craft with your little niece!!!
Thank you so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
<3 Emily L. - DT

Aileen said...

Carol both of these cards are wonderful but I would like you to please pass my congratulations on to your niece for doing such a wonderful job on her card. It is stunning, the design and colour choices are so eye catching and I am proud to know that she has been mentioned this week for her talent and skills. Congratulations young lady.