Thursday, April 12, 2018

DT Inspiration: UNIKO Meets ON TREND~Pantone Ultra Violet

Hello,

Welcome to my UNIKO Studios Design Team feature post; one I've very excited to share! Let's begin...

Source of Inspiration: Recently,  I was incredibly fortunate to win a seat in On Trend, the first class designed and taught by the incredibly talented, Taheerah Atchia, well known for her skill in mixing education/research with inspiration. In this class, she focuses on trends, offering us "a comprehensive look a the phenomenon of trends - how they are born where they come from, how to spot them and how to use them.'  A tall order and WOW! Does she ever deliver! The lessons - which feature five different current trends - are engaging; her translations of these trends into cards, amazing. She has definitely poured her heart and soul into this project!

Of course, a class is also an invitation for 'assignments', and that, my friends, is what I'm sharing with your today.

My *Assignments*: Taheerah's first lesson focused on Ultra Violet, Pantone Colour of the Year 2018. Described as  "complex and contemplative," mysterious and intriguing, symbolic of "unconventionality" and "artistic brilliance", how can one not be tempted to play with this amazing colour and "push boundaries through creative outlets"?  So...play I did!

Drawing inspiration from images/photos Taheerah curated for the class (in the lessons and on Pinterest), I've made a series of cards, featuring a wide assortment of UNIKO products in my replications. 

The sequence of my 'assignments' is straightforward: the original source followed by my translation.
I'll leave you to look, uninterrupted *grin*:

Card #1



Card #2


Card #3


(no sentiment; the colour - three shades of DI inks, - and shimmer - 
Moonstone Nuvo paste - make a statement on their own)

Card #4


(Copic coloured: BV02, 13, 17; YG03, 17, 68)

The Set


Hopefully, my cards have given you inspiration in ways to use your UNIKO products AND incentive to sign up for Taheerah's class. Maybe you'll even become a fan of ultra violet/purple, too! I'm aiming to share more UNIKO and ON TREND lessons in the future.

Uniko Studio Products used:

Card #1: Natures Treasures Clear Stamp Set
Natures Treasures II Clear Stamps
Organic Wishes
Paradise Clear Stamp Set
Simply Said Birthday Clear Stamps

8 comments:

Carole said...

These are beautiful Carol xx

Jeanne said...

Wow, Carol, these cards are beautiful. I adore your take on the sketches and the color choices you made. It sure sounds like you got a lot out of the class. Congrats on winning a seat. That's wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing. I look forward to seeing more. :) Hugs!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a great student you are! Look at your end results, just gorgeous. I love your beautifully colored blue rose- so pretty 😊

Shelly said...

Oh my word...these are all BEAUTIFUL! Love them all!
And hey, remember me?!...LOL I have totally slacked on my commenting! When I read all your sweet comments I knew I needed to get on things and pay you a visit as well. ;)

Anita in France said...

Looks as though you had a fun time in class, Carol ... these are beautiful ... every one! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracy Freeman said...

A true mix of gorgeous creations. Purple is my favourite colour so I'm loving seeing all these.
It sounds like the class has been a lot of fun, so glad your enjoying it xxx

Susanne Vargas said...

Well, you get an A+ from me for these fantastic cards! What a great variety using the same color scheme! It looks like you've already learned a lot from this fabulous sounding class!

Bobby said...

You're the perfect student, Carol, and I can't believe you had the right product for every inspiration. Okay, I can believe the stencil ones but the whimsical all over pattern and the gorgeous blue rose. They are both stunning.