Friday, April 20, 2018

Hello and You're Paw-some....Inkspirational Challenge #159~Play, Twofer Card Challenge #4~Pets

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #159~Play.  How fun is that prompt...and how vast the interpretations!


Joining us as our Guest Designer is incredibly talented, Sarah, from Sazzle Dazzle fame. Her blog name is incredibly apt; her card - indeed, ALL her cards! - will definitely dazzle! My DT have some fabulous cards, too...do visit and leave them some love:

As you may - or may not know, I'm the social media coordinator behind fabulous Darnell's new Twofer Card Challenge. I post/comment for the team on FB and IG, but have not taken the plunge to play along in the challenges. Why? They're hard! In a good way, but WOW! Talk about having to put a thinking cap on tightly to use the SAME stamps/dies to create TWO distinctly different designs for TWO different occasions! That's a tall order, which is precisely what makes this challenge sooooo incredibly unique...and fun (especially from my vantage point as a viewer, rather than a do-er *grin*)

Well, my standing-by-the-sidelines has come to an end, and I'm dabbling my finger in the water with my first ever entry into Twofer Card Challenge #4~Pets


You see: a new Studio Katia set arrived at my place - Best Friends - featuring an assortment of pets - and pets made me think of  'play' and...well, you can connect the dots.  Added to that, was the amazing inspiration found in Kara's twofers, soooooo...a Twofer play it is.

First, here's my puppies and kitties, coloured with prisma pencils...


Love the 'play on words' of the sentiment! 

Second, a gathering of rainbow pets, waving Hello, through the window....


Annnndddd....my Twofer!


Now, I'm nervous! Hope I've done this right!  Whatever the case, I had a blast *playing* with new stamps, new colouring ventures AND a new challenge!

What kind of *play* will you bring to the Inkspirational gallery?

Excited to find out!

Thank you for dropping by!


14 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are both so fun!

Jeanne said...

Whoo hooo! Look at you dipping your toes into the Twofer Challenge pool. I adore your twofer! Great job coloring on each. I adore the bright bold beautiful colors on the second card and the way they peekaboo through the circle diecut. I also really like the more realistic and charming coloring on the first. Great job, my sweet friend. Happy weekend to you!

Patti said...

Woo hoo! looks like you nailed BOTH these great challenges with your woofer-twofer!! heehee (I named my Twofer post woofer-twofer this week because I also used dogs heeheehee) Amazing job on the coloring you did on both cards Carol.

Darnell said...

You've nothing to be nervous about, C! You got it VERY right and it's lovely to have you PLAY with us! I love both of the ways in which you colored that really fun and furry image! (Wouldn't it be wonderful if humans could PLAY as well together??) I know I shouldn't have a favorite, but really, just like with Kara's cards, I can't resist rainbow-colored animals! My fave of the fave? That green beagle (basset hound?)!! Just saying green beagle makes me laugh! BTW, who makes the pretty scalloped edge die? Hugs, Darnell

Marina said...

I think your use of colour on these is very clever - the first with the just the neutrals and blue is calming and cute and the rainbow one is fun and cheery. Great job!

Claire said...

Amazing how just using a completely different colour palette can give such different looking results. These are so fun but I think the one with the bright colours is my favourite!

Bobby said...

Whether in their natural state or rainbow hues you've done a brilliant job of coloring those darling pets, Carol.

Anita in France said...

Yay, Carol ... how fabulous that you've dipped into the Twofer water so brilliantly! These groups of playing together pets are wonderful ... your colouring is (of course!) fantastic on both! The rainbow coloured ones are especially fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Wow, Carol! As your first card states, "You're Pawsome"! Such a fantastic stamp to color and boy did you ever! Both of your cards are fabulous! I'm so glad you took the plunge and played along with the Twofer!

Happy Dance said...

That's an amazing Twofer, dear friend. I'm loving this stamp set and I hope to borrow it one of these days! Your coloring is simply stunning, and girl, from real life to rainbow, you've made two fabby cards. So so very happy to see your card in the gallery. Love the dies you've chosen, too. They add just the right amount of interest without taking away from your critters. Missing you and sending hugs. Bev

Shauna said...

Awww... cute pet image! I like your vivid colors and the two different cards. Beautiful coloring as usual!
- Shauna

Shelly said...

Two fun and sweet cards, Carol!

Susanne Vargas said...

How fun to see you in the gallery! And with such adorable and fun cards! Your group of pets looks great in realistic and rainbow colors! Well done, my friend!

Unknown said...

I really like your first entry for the @twofer challenge. I really love the rainbow stack of pets. Well done.