Friday, August 16, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #93 - Orange and Yellow - Halloween Postage Collage (WF, Tim Holtz, MCT, Coco and Reno)

Hello,

Welcome to Colour Hues Challenge #93 where our lovely hostess, Tracey, invites us to use the summer-into-fall hues of Orange and Yellow as our mid-August (where has the time gone!) inspiration. Think flowers, leaves, Halloween, sunsets, sunrises...did I mention Halloween? LOL! We're sure you'll find plenty of images and occasions to fit this combination.

Orange and Yellow + mid-August = Halloween. At least, that's what happened with me! My *spooky* card features Waffle Flower's A2 Postage Collage die as the base, with an assortment of die cuts from various companies: Tim Holtz, Sizzix, MCT, Coco and Reno and likely a couple more.
I have plenty of left over stamps and Halloween images to play with; they'll show up somewhere.


Looking forward to seeing what you do with Orange and Yellow.

The challenge will remain open until August 29th at 9 AM.

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge and the overall winner will have the opportunity to be a future Guest Designer.

Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute!!

Cindy Beach said...

What a fabulous card, Carol! Your combination of dies are adorable and look like they were made to fill those spaces. So fun!

Nancy said...

Carol, I smiled so big when I saw that you went the Halloween route like me. I know this card was fun to put together. Wonderful job!

Jeanne said...

What a great way to showcase the postage collage in a different way, Carol! This is so fun!

Bonnie said...

This is such a fun Halloween card, Carol! You have a treasure trove of dies that fit these postage stamps and all placed perfectly!

Julie B said...

Here's me thinking this was made from a set, well done you bringing all those elements together so well. A fab Halloween card. :)

Stef Perry said...

Oh my, Carol, this is such a fun card! I adore how you used all the Halloween images from different companies to make a cohesive and delightful card! Love this!

Marcia Hill said...

What a perfect way to use all those small images and die cuts Carol...they look FABULOUS on the postage stamp die cuts! This card has totally made me smile and also thinking about what I could use to make a FUN Halloween card...thanks for the inspiration my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

LOVE, love, love these die cuts on the postage stamps! What a fabulous idea! I wonder if I even have enough small die cuts to come up with something similar. You're an inspiration!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol I just love how you used the postage collage with so many different products! Boo, what a fabulous and fun Halloween card! I love that you were inspired to create a Halloween card with the colours!

JulieP said...

This is such a fun design and fabulous Halloween card. Love, Love, Love It!!!