Thursday, August 3, 2017

Flamingo Fabulous and Pineapple Thanks....FUSION~Pastel Pencils

Hello!

Yes, I'm back yet again (been crafting up a storm since returning from our little vacation!), this time to join my awesome team in welcoming you to FUSION Card Challenge~Pastel Pencils.  The assortment of  pencils and pencils, tucked into what looks to be re-purposed cans, has me thinking about jazzing up some containers of my own. I do have a soft spot for pencils having been a teacher for years upon years...
That said, I did not bring pencils or pens to the challenge; rather, I took my cue from the sketch and the colours, creating this pastel flamingo and stripes pairing,


followed by a pineapple and stripes version.


I rather like the 'swirl' element; a change from my typical same old-same old rectangle panel.

Please head over to see the beautiful cards designed by my wonderful design team:


How will the lovely pencils and inviting sketch inspire you?

Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery!

Also sharing at:

CAS on Sunday Challenge #113~Exotic

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 373 ~ Pretty in Pink


Thank you for dropping by; your visit brightened my day!


11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ohhhhhh....both these cards are fabulous. That flamingo stole my heart. Love the soft pink and black combo, the stripes and yes, that curve! It adds such a neat twist. Your pineapple version is terrific, too. So bright and fun! Wonderful work, Carol! Hugs!

*Vicki* said...

You are a busy little crafter bee my friend! :) WOW! I love your take on this sketch...especially with the subtle color tones too!! Great way to use up the negitive portion for double duty card making! :) HUGS

Marina said...

These are pretty and fun.

Shelly said...

Oooh, these are FABulous! Love them!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Carol. The soft stripes in the background look wonderful and the images are so fun!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving your tropical cards and fabulous stripes!

Lucille K said...

Both cards are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at CCCB :)

I Card Everyone said...

My day could NEVER be as fabulous as these stripe-y gorgeous cards!
=]

Susanne Vargas said...

Love both your stripey/wavy cards! Such a fun layout!

Greta said...

Love that sketch & your flamingo card is fabulous, Carol! Hope you had a great vacation!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the sketch. Love the flamingo one with the pink stripes :)