Friday, August 11, 2017

Beautiful and Celebrate Layered Marble....Inkspirational Challenge #141~Word Prompt: Waves

Hello!

Talk about a whole lot of hustle-and-bustle going on in these here parts! I spent most of the week at my mom's, visiting and working (marking the summer sitting of diploma exams), as well as spending as much time as possible with my niece and nephew. Headed home once we wrapped up the essays and now, preparing for my brother, sister-in-law and the kids to head our way on Sunday.  SUPER EXCITED! Oh...and my husband, who's been in Winnipeg as an official at the bike-racing events at Canada Summer Games since the 5th, will be arriving on Sunday.  Looking forward to a houseful!

The task-at-hand, however, is to welcome you to Inkspirational Challenge #141~Word Prompt: *Wave*.  Loads of possibilities, right?


Want to see a bunch?  Then head over to the Inkspirational site, where our wonderfully talented Guest Designer, Helen is joining the team - MarinaKylieSandieShaunaNonni, Yvonne and me - in this fabulous 'so many directions to explore' challenge.

As for me...I finally used my Waffle Flowers Layered Marble stamp to create 'waves'.  Yes, a wee bit fiddly in some ways, but so delightfully organic. One play is all you really need to get the sense of which layer goes where and after that....oh my! So pretty....and I hope you agree.  I paired the marble backgrounds with sentiments from Uniko...



You know the routine!  Looking forward to seeing you *waving* at us from the gallery!

 Thank you for dropping by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!



PS. Yes, I've fallen light years behind in commenting...and with family coming, I suspect that may not change for a bit! Bear with me, please! I'll do my best to catch up, whether on your blogs or IG or FB!  HUGS to all of you, my sweet friends - thank you for continuing to visit, even when I'm soooo pathetic at returning the gesture (for now....).

14 comments:

Nonni said...

Wow and wow... What a stamp and what stamping! Love the marble look in both colors. This stamp goes to my wishlist right away! Great take on the cue word too.

Lindsey said...

How unusual! Great marble stamp for your BGs x

sandie said...

the marble look is amazing, I love the subtle look and really pretty in both colours x

Joan B said...

beautiful. i have that marble set and our marble is so pretty!

Jeanne said...

Busy, busy, busy! But all in a very good way. You just enjoy your family! These two cards are beautiful, Carol. Love the tiny bit of gold and gray to add extra interest. Happy Sigh! :)

*Vicki* said...

These are two beautiful cards my friend!! Really love the marble look and especially with your matching monochromatic accents! Well done!! Now go and enjoy your house full!! HUGS :)

Marina said...

So pretty in the different colourways - these are lovely. You sound busy but happy!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love your marble waves in the different color combos! Need to check out this set...
Enjoy all your sweet company!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What scorches cards that stamp is just wonderful well

Vicki Dutcher said...

That should be gorgeous LOL

Shauna said...

Fun card, Carol! I am intrigued by your marble stamp. It created a neat design. Great for the challenge!
- Shauna

HJ said...

Beautiful!

Kylie said...

oh wow, Carol. This is just so creative and absolutely stunning! xx

Bobby said...

Oh my these are beautiful, Carol. I had to have that marble set and have yet to make a card with it.