Wednesday, August 2, 2017

SPECIAL EVENT....Celebrate National Coloring Book Day with STAMPlorations' New Bloomtangled Colouring Book!

Hello,

HAPPY NATIONAL COLOURING BOOK DAY!  

Who knew, right?  

Apparently, our sweet, creative and savvy Shery, from STAMPlorations did!  I'm thrilled to be joining her and several of her designers in a celebration to mark both the day AND the some sneak peeks to whet your creative appetite in preparation for the launch of her second coloring book: 

BLOOMTANGLED!


Today, I'm sharing some initial colouring of a couple of these whimsical, doodly, flowy images; talk about a fabulous way to practice blending, shading, highlighting, as well as to explore colour combinations. Prismacolour pencils all the way....

First, some 'sunflowers' in shades of yellow/orange and yellow-orange...


Second, a 'frosty' colours selection, using a variety of blues, as this page reminded me of snowflakes and wintry wonderland for some reason (perhaps all the heat we're experiencing is further addling my thinking....)....


Intrigued by my little snippets? Be sure to check out what the rest of the team have done then head on over to STAMPlorations, where Shery has a special treat in store.  No hints from me, other than to say...pull out your colouring tools, because you have some 'playing' to do! Check out the details here.

As for me: I have these pages to finish up and a whole bunch more bloom-entangling yet to go!  If you're looking for a space to be creative, yet relax at the same time, you'll find it in the pages of
Bloomtangled!


Thank you for dropping by; your visit has brightened my day!


2 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I am really NOT into coloring books, but when I see this I have to reconsider - you make it look really appealing!

Jeanne said...

Oh Carol! I LOVE your coloring. Your blending on the orange page is fabulous! I like your pretty blue flowers, too. Hrmmm, this book just might have to come to my house. I had heard about yesterday being Nat'l Coloring Book Day, but I didn't get a chance to color. :( For a good reason, though. I'm diligently working on a cross stitch project that I must get done in the next couple of days. Got an idea to stitch something for a birthday present for my mother-in-law last weekend and what I chose to stitch is a bit bigger than I thought it'd be. But I love it. Almost done! Have to have it done for Saturday. Stitch, stitch, stitch. Then maybe I can color, color, color! :) Hee, hee. Thanks for sharing your coloring! Sorry this is so long, but knowing you like stitching, too, thought you'd appreciate this. :) Hugs!