Tuesday, June 30, 2015

You're My Little Chickadees...ADdicted to STamps and More #151~Anything Goes, The Pink Elephant #305~Anything Goes, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes

Hello,

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #151~Anything Goes, which means quite literally ANYTHING goes.  Cards, projects, tags, canvases...you name it, we want it! 


Please be sure to visit my incredibly creative DT's cards, especially since we have some new designers joining us!  Yayyyyy...You'll love their Anything Goes inspiration! Then, design something for the gallery and come to play.  This week's winner will be the lucky recipient of  a $10 gift certificate from marvelous Shery over at



I'm happy dancing about my cards today because the darling images were blog-comment gifts I was ever so fortunate to win from my wonderfully sweet and incredibly talented friend, who is also now my new ATSM team-mate:  Bobby, from Bits & Pieces!  My prize package, from Bobby's Happy 4 Years Blog-iversary, is exponentially awesome:  The Big, the Bold and Comfort Cutaways (W&W...whose products we know I'm just a 'little bit' smitten by), the Congratulations stamp set from PTI (my first PTI stamps EVER!), and the adorable Technique Tuesday Chickadees!  I know...I'm so incredibly lucky...and blessed!

Making their debut today are...the chickadees! Two cards - one each for my niece and nephew - to 'celebrate' their Happy *Months* Old cards that I try to send out...well, monthly.  Ms. T is 64 months old (just over 5); Mr. C is 40 months old (just over 3). I kept the cards similar, because heaven knows that what one has, the other wants so...consider the similarities a peace-keeping mission. Actually, the 'true story'...those chickadees are so darn cute, I just wanted to make more than one card *grin*  My first attempts (for a grand total of about five tries...happy recycle bin), I tried water-colouring them...yeah..no. Mess.  Then - part two of my true story - I noticed the circles logo on the W&W cutaways Bobby sent...PING!  I have a home-made circle stencil, found that baby and away I went...
Simple, but I think they're rather cutie-patootie.

My first card is for Ms. T...the green bird is Uncle A, pink is Ms. T and blue is yours truly...


My second card is for Mr. C...Uncle A has transformed to orange, I'm sporting purple and Mr. C is our little blue bird.

The duo..

Hope our 'little chickadees' will like their cards...they're in envelopes, ready for mailing

I'm also sharing over at: 




Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,


38 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable cards! Such sweet birds and a wonderful design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Joyce said...

You are so lucky to have won those Chickadees stamps. I love mine so much, and now I have one more idea about how to get some color onto them. Super cute idea to use circles, and I like the boy/girl theme.

Pam said...

I flipping love these! I am going to go find those chickadees as soon as I finish telling you how awesome you are. So happy you won all those goodies and can't wait to see how the rest are used. Another CONGRATULATIONS to you for being the winner at CAS-ual Fridays! http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2015/06/cfc140-happy-hour.html Now you have 2 more gift certificates to play with. Woot! xo

Monika Reeck said...

Miss C
I am sorry
was sooo busy making cards for the challenge blog
I am now at three yeah three at ATSM with you at the same group
at House of Cards and at Sunday Stamps...need to make card nearly every day
less time to blogging I am so sorry
and now I want to tell..if I post on Wednesday I will pop up on your post too..
I try my best
this two card is so so cuutee and love the color on them
looks like easy to make and can repeated fast am I right?
that tall chicken feet is cute and lovely circle colour you put there..
great DT card miss C
big hugs from far away me in Germany
Monika

Julie B said...

You are so lucky to have won these funky little birds they make a great card.:)

Carole said...

Super cute cards Carol...cute images , love the coloured circles to highlight the chicks! xx

Kylie said...

omg, Carol. Those chicks are the best! I love how you highlighted them in different colours. LOVE this! xx

Jeanne said...

Adorable! I'm sure they will love receiving these fun cards. Great idea to highlight them with the colors! You are such a wonderful auntie! Have a wonderful day!

*Vicki* said...

What a lucky duck to have won these quirky little birds!! So fun and what a very clever design! Love this CAS style! :)

Carole said...

Me again!.....Happy Canada Day! my friend (chickadee). Thinking of you, thank you for your lovely comments , you make me feel special, you are truly a wonderful 'neighbour!'......wish you were nearer. Lots of virtual hugs xx

Magic Flying Boots said...

Oh my goodness, just completely fallen in love with those cards!!!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Just the cutest ever! Love those birdies and the highlight colors are fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

These are so so cute!!!! Your niece and nephew will love them!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just adorable! Congrats on your amazing win of goodies!!

ps Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love :)

Kay Miller said...

Awwww those are just as cute as can be!! I am sure Ms T and Mr C will love them!! How fun that you send out monthly cards to them! That is such a fun idea!

Becca Cruger said...

Well these chickadees have legs for days! They are fleepin adorable and probably twice as tall as I am. Sigh* Short girl problems. I love the artsy way you finally decided on coloring them - even if it was a process to get there it turned out perfectly in the end! :)

Becca Cruger said...

By the way - anyone can do mixed media. I have faith in you!

shirley-bee said...

Those chickadees are so adorable, Carol, and I love how you've spotlight-coloured them :)

Greta said...

I adore these cards, Carol--perfection!

Dana said...

Super cute!! So graphic and cute at the same time!!! Love them!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! These little birdies and so sweet. I love how you made and used your own circle stencil. Glad to be on your team at ATSM. :)

Loll said...

Adorable cards, Carol. Love how you've spotlighted. xx

Bobby said...

Well glory be, c!! I love the way you've spotlighted the chickies, and using different colors make them perfect for Ms. C and Mr. T. Thanks for the kind words, sweet friend. Can't wait to see the rest in action.

Deepti said...

This is so adorable :) I like the circles around those birdies :D

Barb Ghig said...

You are such a riot, Carol...and an AMAZING card designer! I love the fun colored circles and how you assigned each of these birdies to your family tree! I think the kids are gonna love them, too! And, enjoy your new goodies...I 'know' you will!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Miss Carol...these are just too darn cute. I have these stamps and have yet to ink them up, but after seeing your cards I am very inspired!

Brenda said...

Awww, this are to stinkin' cute Carol!! I love those cute birds, and they seem to be so popular as well. How well I know what one has the other one wants story. lol 6 boys, you can bet what one got all got! lol I think Ms T and Mr C will adore their cute little chic cards! Hugs, Brenda

Geri said...

Fabulous way to showcase your sa-weet haul of goodies! Nice change of outfits for the sweet, long legged avian critters! The polkie dot background stole my heart!

Geri said...

...ooops....forgot to tell you that" I think" Brady & Jeremy are racing in Canmore tomorrow.....and Eric should be hooking up with them there as well on is way home from his Yukon, NWT ride!

Shona Chambers said...

I think thats such a clever idea to colour them with a circle. Saves having to be perfect colouring their little bodies and makes it quite a modern feel too. I know what you mean about keeping them similar, kids always want what someone else has, especially if they are a sibling. I bet they love getting these cards though and how cute to be still celebrating the months. Please don't send me a month card for my birthday, the total amount of months would be frightening!!!!!!!

Anita in France said...

Cutie patooties indeed, Carol ... I already loved these chickadees (you know how I am with adorable birds!) ... now I love them even more! The softly shaded stencilling spotlights their plumage beautifully ... and the sweet heart DP backgrounds add the perfect amount of additional adorability to these long legged lovelies! Hugs, Anita :)

Lilian said...

Love those chickadees! Very cute cards, indeed! Glad to be on the same DT!
Lilian ATSM teamie

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So sweet, those little chicks! What happened - I thought you don't like birds??? Are you changing your opinion?? I love them in real life and on cards - especially you cards :)))

Neets B said...

I made it here eventually to comment on your cards, and what super creations they are. Those chickadees are just fantabulous and the way you've added the colour is genius...LOVE! x

I Card Everyone said...

I love what you've done with my all-time favorite bird stamps, c... you should come play cards with Bobby and I for real some day!!!
=] M

Taunya Butler said...

Absolutely delightful and so creatively done!! Love the sponged circles to accentuate the birds - just so wonderful and fun!!!

Kylie said...

Excuse me, I think I just passed out from cuteness overload. CAROL! These are so ADORABLE!! Love everything about them. Cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! Carol, these cards are awesome. Love what you did with the Chickadees!