Sunday, June 7, 2015

Butterflies...MUSE #120, Addicted to CAS #65~Butterfly

Hello,

I've spent the last two days, in sweltering heat (such a treat not to wear umpteen numbers of layers), officiating at bike races. A wee bit stressful, as I was doing the job my husband typically does for one race in particular - timing - but aside from two small mess ups, which we were able to correct, all went well.  Yayyy!  I wanted to do a good job, but not 'so good' that I'd be recruited for repeat performances. Timing with a programme - not my strong suit; just give my my clipboard and stopwatch...

Today's cards are in honour of wonderfully talented Vicki who is stepping down from her DT role over at Muse. Her last card is this week's Muse #120 challenge...



How could I *not* play with these gorgeous butterflies as inspiration?  In fact, as evidence of how inspiring Vicki is, I made two cards:



Vicki, we'll miss your over at Muse, but...we know where to find you! Looking forward to playing alongside you in a whole bunch of challenges!  No matter where your cards may be, I know they'll be inspiring!

NOTE:  Honoured and thrilled to see my card standing next to Kristie's and Kimberly's as a Muse Featured Member. THANK YOU!!

I'm also sharing my card over at Addicted to CAS #65~Butterfly

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,


24 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgoeus Carol. lovely and so SUMMERY and light!!!!!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgoeus Carol. lovely and so SUMMERY and light!!!!!!!

Carole said...

Oooooh so pretty Carol...all of them...there are so many butterflies out there in blogland I think they are having a party...must try and join them. I love all your cards. Thanks for all your sweet comments. I love that you keep popping by and leaving them...thank you you make my day Hugs xx

Jeanne said...

Oh my...glad you were able to help, but completely understand about not wanting to be too efficient at the job. Sorry about the heat, though. That doesn't sound like fun. But your cards...well they are fun! And lovely and beautiful. Butterflies! Heee! That makes everything all better. Fantastic work on both cards! :)

Ardyth said...

Beautiful! Love the mod feeling of the black on the layered butterflies and the crispness of the die cuts! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Carol!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Not 1 but 2 FABULOUS takes - I am honored! Thanks so much for joining in my last Muse challenge and ATCAS~

Loll said...

Gorgeous butterfly cards Carol, and a lovely tribute to Vicki. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Deni(se) said...

I like the way your second card's butterflies are lifted. The pierced inset is a nice finishing touch too.

Darnell said...

These are BOTH fabulous, Carol! I am pinning them as I also got the painted butterflies and I just love how you did these!! MWAH! I predict you'll be a winner!! Hugs, Darnell

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, I just love those painted butterflies!

Jacquie Southas said...

Really lovely cards!

Bonnie said...

Both of these cards are awesome, Carol! A wonderful tribute to Vicki! Thanks for sharing these with us at ATCAS!

Joyce said...

These are both just gorgeous. I am especially fond of the first, as I am still so smitten with those Altenew Butterflies, and will pin this creation for my future casing.

Dana said...

Stunning cards!! You rock the butterflies!! Love the colors!!

Marisa said...

Happy smiles here with the fabulous butterfly cards. Adore the second one.

Anita in France said...

Thought of you as the Butterfly Queen when I saw Vicki's Muse, Carol ... and as always, you've created such beautiful cards with these pretty papillons! Congratulations on your FM at Muse! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

Popping back to say congratulations on the MUSE vote, Carol! You were so deserving!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Monika Reeck said...

blue yellow and pink
and all with butterfly
and all are adorable
cant tell you which one is better than the other
I am sorry
love them all...

Unknown said...

Lovely cards! Love them both! Thanks for sharing with us over at ATCAS!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Miss Butterfly - lovely how they flutter all over your creations! Congrats on your win - it was the Muse, right? Perhaps some other challenge - getting confused...too much going on in my life right now :(

Barb Ghig said...

I can't believe I missed this post...so embarrassing! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Carol! I love both sets of butterflies, and now I'm convinced I 'need' the set from CBS! Congrats on being 'Featured Designer' at Muse...You are so deserving!!!

Kim S said...

A very wise decision to not be perfect - you definitely would have been "volunteered" to do more timing!! I love both of your cards. The first is dainty and elegant and the second is bold and fun - it's interesting that you have used the same colors and come up with different looks!!

Geri said...

Whoo Hooo for the MUSE shout-out! Gorgeous cards that deserve to be recognized! Two beauties again pal!
.....SITS mode comment....

Kylie said...

You totally made me by this stamp set after seeing you create such wonderful cards with it. Love this! You are a natural talent and deserve this new accolade. :)