Thursday, June 18, 2015

Spotlight On...at Winnie and Walter...Dapper and Dashing, Just Us Girls #297~Stacked Die Cuts, Virginia's View Challenge #15~Ombre/Monochromatic, Make My Monday~Embossing

Hello!
I'm sooo excited (and yes, very nervous) because I have the absolute honour of being featured over at Winnie and Walter! *Squeal*  I've shared an 'abbreviated' version here, and I'd love if you headed over to W&W for the full post.



Over the past few months, I've become completely enamoured with Winnie and Walter *everything* - blog posts, challenges and, of course, their amazing products. Little wonder that I have welcomed a variety (large variety) of their stamps, cutaways and stencils into my collection.  Words cannot fully express how  honoured and delighted I am that Shay and Julie selected and invited me to be a designer for their  *Spotlight On* project. THANK YOU for this dream-come-true opportunity!

 "Dashing and Dapper' is the theme I'm playing along with and, of course, 'masculine touch' came first to mind. I did a bit of research, discovering some 'sparks' here (colour combinations, in particular - not to mention some charming 'eye-candy') and away I went...

First on the Dapper and Dashing runway is a Versafine-stamped and clear-embossed Mini Scenery Multifaceted image, sporting a smoky grey and light blue ensemble (Cool Grey and Sky Blue Chamelon pens).  The rectangle shape comes from Essentials: Katharine Cutaways, fashionably split to  draw your eye to the fabulous silver-foil, stacked-for-dimension Celebrate sentiment (The Big, the Bold and Party Cutaways). Accessories include black card-stock framing and a trio of tiny silver stars.  Silver/grey, black, a whisper of colour: I hope this speaks 'dapper and dashing' to you.


Up next is a second geometric-themed card, sporting Cool Grey paired with Aqua Marine.  The angled background design showcases several impressions of the border stamp, embossed, from True, with the finished panel cut from the larger rectangle from Essentials: Katharine Cutaways.  A bold In A Word Hello Cutaway (stacked), joined with "friend" from True, and embossed onto the smaller flag banner from the Katharine Cutaways, rounds out this Dapper and Dashing Card #2.


Third on stage:  this Dapper and Dashing number is decked out with embossed border and star images from True, in Cool Grey and soft Purple Grape, and a bold In A Word: Cheers Cutaway


Here's my trio of Dashing and Dapper...


Again, such an honour to have shared with you today!  I hope that my cards brought a smile to your face and maybe a bit of inspiration, too!  Winnie and Walter rocks!

I'm sharing my cards in the galleries at:

Just Us Girls #297~Stacked Die Cuts

Virginia's View Challenge #15~Ombre/Monochromatic

Make My Monday~Embossing (all my backgrounds were embossed before colouring as was 'friends' on the small tag)

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,




32 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Carol! So well deserved. I think your trio of cards are very dashing and dapper. You rose to the challenge and knocked it out of the park! Great color choices and great bold sentiments. Excellence all around! :)

Happy Dance said...

Congrats on being in W&W's spotlight!!! So happy for you dear friend. And would you just look at this very cool trio of definitely dapper and dashing cards??!!! Spot on sister! LOVE your coloring in all these small geometric spaces; soft, subtle, and elegant. Wonderful!!! Bev

Marlene Bonetti said...

Hello my dear! I'm so happy to see you in the Spotlight! Your cards are wonderful, every single one! Have a great day!
Sending hugs to AB, my favorite Province in Canada! ♥

~amy~ said...

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
So VERY deserved and way to ROCK the Spotlight! Your cards are absolutely a trio of amazing-ness :)

Becca Cruger said...

Congratulations on your spotlight! They are lucky to have such a talented designer as you!

Joan said...

These cards are amazing - beautifully crafted and very dashing!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!!!!! YOU rocked the W&W

Geri said...

CONGRATS (x a million) on the guest designer gig....that you totally rocked!

Gloriously graphic! Beautifully inked! It's so neat to see how the placement of the sentiment & white space changes the 'feel' of the card! Sure couldn't chose a favorite of the three!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! Love the multifaceted background and your pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Bhavana said...

Amazing.. It was nice to know more about you :) at W&W blog.the third card is my favorite from the above 3 cards :)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh c... I'm so happy for you - and for US to get another dose of your brilliant skills! LOve the Dashing and Dapper cards using the Multi-faceted stamp ... wow - masculine and modern! Now I'm dashing because I cannot wait another moment for the Winnie and Walter spot-light on YOU!! Squeezes...
=] Michele

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, a big congrats to you!!! I think they chose the perfect person to spot light!! I love your trio of cards, that geometric shape is fabulous and I love how you have used them. Your coloring with your markers is very eye catching and I love it! Since Anita was show casing their last release I've been falling in love with W&W too, although I don't own any of their awesome products yet. You girls just enable me like crazy. lol Hugs, Brenda

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Carol, look at you!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!!! Big congrats on you being featured at W&W! I am so happy for you! Love your cards - you can always get me with geometric designs! Like those colors - almost looks like shards of glass. So pretty! Makes me want to play with my W&W supplies right now. Unfortunately I am stuck at work for the evening....

Pam said...

What fabulous cards, Carol! I'm so happy for you that you're being featured on W&W. Love them & definitely you, too!

Dana said...

Congrats!! Very well deserved! Your W&W cards are always fabulous (ok, really all your cards!!) And today's are no exception!! I love the soft pop of color in each one!

Tenia Nelson said...

YAY!!! Your cards are sooooooooo AWESOME, Miss Lady!! Congrats!!! YAY!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your "W & W Spotlight On" feature, Carol! You are so, very deserving of this honor! This is a trio of absolutely GORGEOUS cards! You've done an amazing job with their goodies...in fact, my wishlist just grew after seeing what you've created! Great job, my friend :)

Bobby said...

Bravo, Carol, Bravo! Isn't that what they say to people in the spotlight? ;) Your cards are wonderful. So graphic and elegant. Great job and well deserved honor.

Shona Chambers said...

Sorry to repeat myself but I so have to congratulate you again for this amazing trio of wonder!! So very excited that Julie and Shay grabbed you for a spotlight, they can totally see your amazing talent, and so can all of us. I think your cards are so inspirational and give me so many ideas, especially the colours you used. Good luck this weekend with the bike race and hop you don't get caught short in the toilet department and all those layers............

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Carol!! Your three cards are brilliant designs! It is Julie and Shay who should be thrilled to have you showcasing their products so beautifully!! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce said...

Holy cow. These three are absolutely amazing. And, congrats on being in their spotlight. Totally obvious why they are darn lucky to have you. I have that little facet stamp coming my way--will be one of my first W&W, and I hope to CASE you!

shirley-bee said...

Glacially stunning, all of 'em! Congrats on your W&W Spotlight :)

Loll said...

Awesome group of cards Carol. Congrats on your spotlight feature at W&W! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...you are so famous now! and what a wonderful trio of amazingness...just love your work and these are so over the top fabulous. Congrats on being in the spotlight at W&W!!!

Anita in France said...

I already left my thoughts over at W&W Carol, but wanted to say here how amazing these cards are ... graphic, cool and completely gorgeous! Huge congratulations on being in the Spotlight ... you've showcased W&W so brilliantly ... and did Shay and Julie proud! Hugs, Anita :)

Sarah G said...

Wow - you definitely rocked the spotlight!! These cards are stunning - love these cool and graphic designs :)

Greta said...

Big congrats, Carol! These are such fabulous examples of graphic designs & I love the soft colors which are often not used with graphic cards!

Marisa said...

Whoo hooo!! congrats on the spotlight :) Darling cards.

sandie said...

Had to come and see the first set of cards!' And another amazing trio of cards, way to go girl!!

Taunya Butler said...

**SQUEAL OF DELIGHT*** Do you hear me?? I am certainly squealing loudly enough!!! So proud of you, impressed with you and tickled for you to be in the spotlight at Winnie & Walter!!! Love them and I see that THEY LOVE YOU!!!!! They have showed tremendously GOOD TASTE!!! Now here comes the thud of my jaw dropping and the gasps and the oohs and the ahhs!!! Your cards are striking, cool, dapper in every way and dashing right into a place of going down in history of being THE MOST dapper and dashing cards EVER!!! Love them and I adore you - you are a dear and fun friend to have!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Greta said...

Hurrah! So happy for you Carol & your cards are just incredible! Love the color combos, too!

Kylie said...

And these three cards are exactly the reasons they chose to spotlight you! Perfection! LOVE them all! Congratulations!! :)