Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wavy Thanks...Paper Crafting Challenges #14: Colour Challenge, Curtain Call: Anything Goes

Hello...

Hard to believe that our trip to Bend is over...sighh. My husband survived the suffer-fest (and has given the nod for tackling it yet again next year; fingers crossed that comes to fruition); water-bottle passing was a success; we enjoyed every. single. minute.

In addition to the most excellent cycling events, I landed on some mighty fine crafty sales as well!  And yep...I took advantage; the mobile crafting unit is coming home a little more 'stuffed' than when it first left.  My finds include: two packages of Michael's #110 cardstock (at seriously less a cost than in Alberta - then add on coupons +  a gift card from the sweet Taunya that I won over at her blog a little while back - thank you again, Taunya...super score!!), Versafine black ink, a card+envelope set (again, mega reduced), two embossing folders, one TH stencil, a variety of adhesives and a 24 package of Prismacolor water-soluble pencils (lessons needed...).  I've likely forgotten a few things, but the bottom line: sweet deals!!

At the moment, we're in Kelowna, visiting my husband's family. My crafting time is virtually nil (although I did go for a wee shop at the local amazing scrapbooking store: some paper, a Memory Box die twisted my arm to come home with me), but I have a card that I created in Bend to share.

It's a simple numbers with elements you've seen from me umpteen occasions before, but there is a 'first: the 'splatter with water-droplets' technique. I know, I know....sooooo daring *grin*, but I've decided that by taking 'baby steps' with getting the hang of water-colouring, I may experience better success - at least as far as my attitude to what I make is concerned.  I'm rather happy with the way this turned out, so it's  heading over to where the inspiration was initially sparked:  Paper Crafting Challenge #14:




Sponged background, sponged butterflies. Same old, same old - and I thank you immensely for your patience with my repetitiveness in images, of late (more variety in the mobile crafting unit, next time!).  The traveling has been nothing short of fabulous, but home is calling....I'm looking forward to being reunited with my crafty goodies, my own bed, my routines...

ETA:  I was hoping to find time to make more of a 'photo inspired' card for the Curtain Call Challenge: Anything Goes,


but my opportunities are skimpy. Waiting until we return home will see me miss the entry deadline. So, I've decided to share my card here over at the gallery.  Happy First Anniversary, Curtain Call!  Thank you to the team for investing time, energy and talent in creating such fabulous challenges and sharing such incredible inspiration. May Anniversary #1 become #2, #3, #4....

NOTE:  Honoured and delighted to have caught the Paper Crafting team's eye with this card. THANK YOU!!

Thanks so much for dropping by;  your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!

23 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Baby steps...Whaaaatttt? You ARE A NATURAL, lovely, the droplets, perfection, hugs, and best wishes on your trip adventures!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely Miss C, Paper Crafting Challenges LOVES having your wonderful creations in the gallery!!!!!

Kylie said...

Congrats to your hubby and yay to you for being such a great support crew. :)

I think this may be my favourite of your cards ever (and you know how much I love ALL of them!). It's just....words fail me...BEAUTIFUL!

~amy~ said...

Oh I adore your shaped card...awesome work!

Pia Larsen said...

Beautiful card, Carol! Will look forward to see how you play with your new goodies :-)

Brenda said...

It's always sad to have a fun time come to an end, but I know you will appreciate your bed and crafty goodies once you are home Carol! I love that you got such great deals while in the states, so that is a bonus to finish off a great get-a-way!!! I am also glad that all went well with the bike races especially the water hand off and you not getting run over. lol Couldn't have my Carol ran over after all, who would I visit?! I'm also glad you are enjoying hubby's family for a while. Family is a good thing most of the time. Unless you have some family like we have, then it might not be. lol, lol Now I have to tell you I love, love this card!!!! I am going to be CASEing this one for sure. I love the water color-you are so good at it!! I love how you stacked the butterflies-genius! And of course I love the shape, which by the way is still a NBUS for me. So....you know what that means-a total CASE!!! Hugs, Brenda

Happy Dance said...

Oh just stop silly head! Your cards are amazing and that includes this one! You just crack me up...if you weren't good, you would be on any DTs, so ummmm, you're good. Now as to this, looks like you've been doing this forever. It's wonderful, and I love the 'same old' butterfly! Not sure I could come up with anything nearly as wonderful with only a mobile craft unit on board. You're rockin' it girl! : ) Bev

Kim Heggins said...

Carol...sounds like you made quite a haul on your trip to the states...so excited and can't wait to see what you do with everything. You are going to love the Michael's 100lb card stock...it is amazing stuff. Your card is just about as sweet as can be. I love your adorable little layered butterfly, she looks fabulous against your stunning background. Enjoy your day!

Susanne Vargas said...

Look at you, starting with the water droplets, you wild woman! ;););) You are a natural! This shaped card is stunning with those layered butterflies! Hope to see a lot more water coloring, droplets and all!
Thank you for all your encouraging comments - the put a big smile on my face!

sandie said...

Gosh Carol, your craft supplies are growing!! I do love the colours here and so beautifully blended and wow to the droplet technique, you did a fab job...more I hope to see!!

Viv said...

Wow your card is so adoreable Carol, glad the travels are going well. Thanks for the tip about the challenge I just managed to enter at the last minute :) Viv xx

Joni Andaya said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Carol! So loving the background :)

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Carol. Love your watercolored and splattered background - so pretty and perfect backdrop for your layered butterfly. Loll xx

Kay Miller said...

OH look!! It's a butterfly!!! hahaha! I'm just teasing you Carol! I love all of your butterflies! You do beautiful things with the butterflies, and this is no exception! I love your splattered watercolor background. I have finally confessed to myself that watercolor is just not my thing. I may play with it from time to time though. Glad you were able to pick up some fun crafty things on your trip! There's nothing wrong at all with coming home with a "fuller" mobile crafting unit! ;) Enjoy your travels! (hugs)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Carol. Love the butterfly and the colors. The wavy circle shape looks wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Anonymous said...

This is great Carol! I am so impressed that you are crafting on the move. I do not think I would even attempt that. Love the circle shape and the butterfly is fantastic!

I would be interested to hear what other SU products you picked up in your order. I am a demonstrator (so very familiar with the goods). Sounds like you picked up the new In Colors. I really like the Hello Honey color as well.
I look forward to seeing what you create with them!
- Shauna

Deepti said...

I am a big fan of ur shapes cards, they look so stunning and this one... Way too cool, love the BG and the layered butterflies

Marina said...

Love this shape and the watercolouring is gorgeous.

Anita in France said...

You can post as many of your wonderful cards as you like, Carol ... I'm always sooo happy to see them! This is so adorable ... gorgeous background colours and the sweet butterfly in layered ombré ... delicious! Way to go with your water droplets ... isn't it fun when it works so beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning creation, Carol! Another favorite--well, your blog is a favorite! I never tire of butterflies & doubt anyone else does, so keep 'em coming!

Shannon J said...

Repetitive?!! Um, nope! No way!! Every creation that I see from you is new, fresh and lovely!! I adore, ADORE how this turned out!! The water coloured background with the beautiful layered butterfly frolicking about is gorgeous!! It actually looks like dew drops on a misty morning!! Breathtaking!!

Carole said...

This is super! I love the colours and the shape and the butterfly and....everything!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous layered butterfly and water coloured bg! LOVE a good deal and you had quite the good one :) Yeah for new goodies!!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is gorgeous! Love the water droplets - great job!