Happy Birthday Darnell!!
Yes, I'm late to your party, but here I am with a card inspired by none other than the mullet-sporting 80s hero: MacGyver!! Why MacGyver, you ask? Well, it all started with this: the AAA Cards #9: MacGyver Challenge
In my previous post, I shared the first requirements, which was to find the items Mr. M. required. The second requirement: put those items into play and make a card.
So I did.
You are one of the most ingenious, innovative, delightful, hilarious, charming sweethearts of the card-making universe (and the entire universe, for that matter!). I figured that you would appreciate my efforts to be innovative and ingenious (well, at least a little bit!), and I hope you find my card delightful and charming, and that it maybe sparks a smile and a little laugh!
For you, Darnell, a la the requests of MacGyver, a card made with:
- a background of corrugated cardboard (I've included a photo of the piece I used, because the corrugation is hard to see in my photo)
- a piece of plastic in the form of a sheet of music on a transparency, given to me by my music teacher colleague, attached to the 'wavy' section and center of the card
- a hole in the form of the 'inlaid' circles
- some purple string, outlining the inner music inlaid circle; and
- a stamp wishing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Of course, I *had* to add a butterfly....
Hope you like it, my dear friend!! And to Bev and Ardyth: thank you for celebrating our most wonderful Darnell in such style! Awesome to the max!!
I'm also sharing my card at:
Paper Crafting Challenge: Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant #257: Anything Goes
Virginia's View Challenge #5: Die Cut (except for the sentiment, my card is composed of die-cuts)
Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!