Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hello - Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #105: Photo Inspiration

Hello!

Today, I'm once again  honoured and delighted to share my second card as a member of Addicted to Stamps and More, with inspiration drawn from this fabulous purple door, adorned with a lovely bouquet of flowers.  Beautifully inviting...I'd step through that threshold any day...I can just imagine how outstanding the rest of the house must be...


Confession time: this most elegant door had me stymied for quite a while, and it didn't  help matters that my 'mobile crafting unit' that I brought with me on our vacation, didn't have flowers of the kind I could visualize using.  No purple paper either. Talk about not using foresight in my packing! So, time to shift into innovate and adapt mode...and a decision to use an entirely new image.  Hahahaha....NOT!  Butterfly alert...



There is method to my madness creation: ; the butterfly, sponged with pink/purple distress inks to capture the colours of the floral bouquet, with the green Hello standing in for the leaves; the purple tag is also sponged, with a vellum companion tag behind, to replicate the door's windows; the tag eyelet is kraft, to represent the basket/door mat.  The script background on the stitched mat panel...simply because I like it (plus it came along for the ride).

I hope you enjoy my interpretation.

Head on over (or back, depending on where you started) to  Addicted to Stamps and More, to see how several other DT members were inspired by this photo. You'll be incredibly impressed!  Once you've scoped things out, dash immediately to your crafting zone, create away, and share with us.  You may win this prize of of 3 digis from

http://www.qkrstampede.com/ 

I'm looking forward to what you'll bring to this challenge; I already know it will be fabulous.

ETA:  I just realized that my card fits the FUSION challenge (script images, colours), so I'm heading over!



Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

25 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Well done, making a gorgeous card with what you had on hand! I probably would have panicked if I didn't have the right color cardstock or a particular stamp that I envisioned for the challenge. I highly admire your flexibility and really love your card!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool, Miss Lady!!

Rahmat said...

I love your interpretation Carol, I should have carried along a mobile craft station with me, I miss crafting.

sandie said...

This is so gorgeous and all made from your mobile unit!! The green hello just pops out, great use of colour x

Kylie said...

Such a welcoming doorway and an equally warm and welcoming card. I love the purple but that highlight of green is just the PERFECT touch! Clever lady!

Julie B said...

Well done with your lateral thinking, great job. :)

Monika Reeck said...

I adore your TAG card ..why? I love purple..I love your concept and I love your script sentiment behind the Tag...amazing that you always put butterfly on your creation sweety..Love this and I always happy to be in your blog and peek all your card but ....I have problem with the time sweet Miss C...today my Mother in Law will stay with us again after 4 weeks in Hospital..she has finished her Chemotherapy...we should take care of her dont know how long till she maybe died (SAD) but it makes my time will be more limited..if you dont see me commenting on your blog ...dont tink I forget you Carol..I always have you in my heart...hope you and your famil doing well and healthy...to be (hard) SICK is not nice.. :(( hugs and kisses, Monika

Kay Miller said...

Well, aren't you the clever crafty girl! :D This is fabulous!! Most of all because I love purple, but also because it's just quite lovely! The textured tag with the... um... butterfly ( heheh) and the bright green hello is wonderful! The text background pure perfection!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol. Great interpretation of the image. It is surprising what you can do with limited supplies! Have a fabulous day! hugs Monika xxx

Katie Melhus said...

This is great, I'm loving that scripty background and lovely butterfly!

Loll said...

Great interpretation Carol. The script background really makes this elegant ... just like the door in the photo. Love the two layers of tags. Loll xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this Carol, such a super pretty card and they butterfly sits perfectly on top of the lovely script background! So gorgeous! ~hugs!

Brenda said...

Congrats once again Carol, you are rocking everyone's world with your beautiful cards!! Love, love this one! Love how you used MCT product and love that tag. Your colors are so pretty, I think that is what I love about these color inspiration photos and sketches-they take the thinking out of it and you can just create!! lol Or at least for some of us who need help, like me! lol Hugs, Brenda

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love that vellum tag peeking out!

Deborah Frings said...

I think your take on the photo is gorgeous. The butterfly tag with the vellum background is fab.

Kylie said...

You are SO clever, Carol. Working out of your mobile crafting unit and you come up with this! Absolutely stunning - love the butterfly and the background script. I tend to use stamps like that together too. Great job, my friend, with such little resources xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...I can't wait to play along. My front door is the same color as the inspiration photo! So fun. Now I need to have my hubby put up a beautiful floral piece just like the photo. Your card is amazing as always and I love your sweet script background and your tag is as cute as they come. Your sweet tag could stand alone on a sweet gift. Love it my sweet friend.

Joni Andaya said...

So Pretty with the purple butterfly! Love it Carol :)

Neets B said...

This is beautiful, Carol. And very resourceful with your limited stash! Great script background and I love the extra vellum tag behind. Fab card xx

Barb Ghig said...

I love your take on the inspiration photo, Carol! Your butterfly is so pretty, and I love how you added the vellum tag! You did an amazing job with what you had on hand!

Deepti said...

Beauty Carol, yet again! The text BG is so perfect for the tags and vellum is a wow addition ! Thank you for sharing with Fusion :)

Anita in France said...

Carol, I love how you've taken the inspiration photo, blended it with goodies from your MCU and created something so beautifully you (it has a butterfly, of course it's so you!) ... and so lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Beautiful interpretation, Carol! Amazing what you can do with your limited supplies--I'm in awe!

wienerhoneymooners said...

AMAZING loveliness Miss C!!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION, love it if you are able to join again Thursday for another lovely challenge!!!! Love seeing what you create!!!!!

Shannon J said...

Whoa!! Way to improvise and knock it out of the park!! I would have frowned, pushed a face and kicked myself for not bring what I wanted to use, but not you, nope!! You persisted and your creativity is shining through with your ability to adapt using limited supplies! That butterfly is divine and beautifully shaded. Love the script background too - it adds extra elegance to an already elegant creation!!