Sunday, July 27, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GERI!!...ColourQ #251, Muse Challenge #77, STAMPlorations July Challenge: Stamps and Glitter

Happy Sunday evening...and I'm running late, late, late for a very important date...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Gerrriiiiii…
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!

Yes, today is the birthday of our wonderful Geri, my 'just down the road' (or rather a couple of provinces) buddy.  Queen of Cas, heart as big as Everest, sweeter than the most decadent chocolate indulgence you can imagine, card creator of extraordinary creativity, and one heck of an amazing individual in general, who I had the opportunity to meet in real life a few months back.  Geri is, in a word: 

ultrasuperfabulousawesomespecialuniquepreciousthoughtfulheartwarmingenouragingdelightfuldazzling.
I could add more description about this treasure of a friend, but I think you get my gist: she is a gem!!

Geri, you've touched my life - and the lives of many of us - in a fashion that speaks volumes of your capacity for being genuine, kind and marvelous. Your encouragement and support, shared through your warm, wonderful (and often hilarious) comments has had more impact than I have words to express (yes...hard to believe, as I'm always full of words!).  You've buoyed my confidence in untold ways, and have certainly given me the confidence to take on challenges that I would have ever considered possible.  Said it before and will say it again: you are a GIFT!! I'm so glad our lives have crossed paths, and my life is all the richer for us having met.  

I baked you a cake...well, not a real one (heavens, that would be rather catastrophic, given my sketchy baking skills), but a delightful wonky, water-coloured (still practicing, practicing) two-layered-with-a-cupcake-on-top cake. It's iced with concord grape, melon mambo, and  pretty pink. The cupcake liner and the plate are close to coral in colour - I figured that would serve well in creating a 'coordinated' display. Of course, some sparkle on this dessert was definitely required, so I added a heavy helping (hard to see in the photo...grrr) on the icing and decorative swirls.  A trio of  shimmery candles and ta dahhh... cake all for you!! Oh yes - it's totally calorie free, so indulge to the max!!  

Yes, my friend, my card is destined for a few challenges that sparked its creation:  


Muse #77, where Marion's card inspired the 'framed' layout central focal image


and STAMPlorations July Challenge: Stamps and Glitter (and that's where my 'cake recipe' came from, too)


Here it is...and I hope it brings a smile!


Truly, I ultra Wink of Stella-ed the concord grape icing, the melon coloured decorations,
the candles and the wee flames.  Hard to see...I may have to create another card to showcase
 'glitter' better (twist my rubber arm!!)

Wishing you a most marvelous (now belated!) Happy Birthday and a year filled with all things spectacular!

Now, I'm off to the party Bev, the Queen of Party-Planning, has organized for you.  Rumor has it there's some nice eye-candy to gaze at and admire *grin* 

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!





22 comments:

Greta said...

Just browsed your blog & will be back later to leave comments, dear friend. Wonderful cards & I know Geri appreciates this cute one!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Carol ... what a lip smacking, fully indulgent and completely calorie free (yay!) birthday cake ... full of sparkle and shine, as is our wonderful friend Geri! She's going to love this delicious delicacy! Hugs, Anita :)

Julie B said...

Love this Carol, those colours are one of my fave combos, you just missed out lime then it would have been my ideal. Those stitched squares are fab, they are heading to the top of my wish list (as are the rectangles and circles!). :)

Kylie said...

Very pretty, C! Love your colouring too! :D

~amy~ said...

What a fun birthday card, perfect!

Ardyth said...

This is a really fun take on this week's Muse, Carol and I'm sure Geri will love it! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Brenda said...

What a fun and calorie free birthday cake this is Carol!! I love the colors on this cake or should I say the flavors on this cake!! I'm sure Geri will love it too and the fact that it is calorie free. lol I love cake only because I don't need the calories-know how that works?! You don't eat much of it until you know that you are over the limit on the scale and then you just want that dang cake every day!!! lol Hope you are having a great day Carol. Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Carol, you are amazing my sweet friend. Your cake looks good enough to eat and I am sure Geri would not mind sharing, right? This is such a sweet card and your coloring, perfection as always! Enjoy your week.

Happy Dance said...

That cake looks fantastic, Carol!!! I know Geri is going to totally love your incredible post, and sweet, sweet card. Love how you've used the Muse card as part of your inspiration; it's spot on. Great way to use that (for me) difficult color palette too. Really a delightful card, and glad you were able to enjoy Geri's party... Tall, dark and handsome... also calorie burning, hahahahahaha! Bev ; )

sandie said...

good enough to eat my friend and displayed perfectlyx

shirley-bee said...

Yummy calorie-free cake, Carol! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations :)

Lisa H. said...

Sooo so cute. Love the touches of glitter you added. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments.

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the cake card Carol. It is just the kind I like, since I am not a desert fan. LOL. Love the stitching too.

Geri said...

Carol - you are truly the sweetest, most delightful, ubberly talented, funny, considerate, verbally gifted (love reading your posts) neighbor EVER!!! Yep, two provinces away is still considered neighbor!

You're a gem dear friend and I feel truly blessed to have met you IRL and know that we will have many more coffee dates in the future!

Thank you so much for this BEYOND yummy card! Seriously want to be able to stick my finger into that glistening icing (I can see Stella winking!). Another perfectly executed design complete with flawless stamping and superb coloring skills! You rock!

MWAH XX OO

maria f. said...

Oh I love what you did with the wonky cake, Carol. Doesn't it just scream for something like grape frosting?!

Deepti said...

Love how u incorporated colors on ur card design, love that cake !

Shannon J said...

OMG, I NEED to get over to Geri's blog and wish her a VERY belated happy birthday!! I know under no uncertain terms that your sweet, heartfelt words for Geri made an already special day even happier and brighter for her! And I know she'd echo all the words you had for her right back to you!
What a fun cake you *baked* for her!!! The square card with its layered mattes is the perfect backdrop for the cool cake image, and your fabulous colouring! Another "slice" of amazing coming out of your craft kitchen!!

Loll said...

Sweet! Love your birthday cake ... lovely colors and love the layers of colors for framing. Also wonderful words for your dear friend, Geri. Happy Birthday to her! Loll xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow that cake is too much fun!! Terrific card, thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Dana said...

You are truly an awesome person, what a sweet post! And I so appreciate your comments, you have brighten my days !!! Last but not least, amazing card, awesome coloring and I love the stitched layers!!

Sylvia said...

What a fun birthday card, Carol, love the stitching around the frames! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Kylie said...

Yummy card, Carol! LOVE your cupcake and layering! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx