Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Be-YOU-tiful and Fabulous...TAWS #27 and Unscripted Sketches #209

Whew...card-making this afternoon/evening (seriously...sometimes I spend hours dabbling with my creations!) was quite the workout - and quite different from my earlier share today where I mused on how quickly and easily that one came together.  Not so this... a couple of paper-scrunch moments, a few steps back to the drawing board, several head-scratches (coupled with "what AM I doing?), and a whole bunch of playing with some products I totally love, both old and new!  So, before I sink down into the couch, spent (in a very good way), with my efforts, here's quick post to share my entries inspired by TAWS BE Inspired #26 and Unscripted Sketches #209.  Since both challenges are high on my "must do" list, I figured why not combine them. Perhaps this was a better idea in theory rather than practice, but...that's the nature of challenges, right?  Hope you enjoy what I came up with...

TAWS #26 - bright rainbow colours, some black, some letters, a whole lot of 'dive in' possibilities...

Unscripted Sketches #209 - rectangles, squares, sideways, straight-on - so many choices with this layout.  I heard a little whisper repeating "collage, collage"...so I listened...

Perhaps a card to recognize an accomplishment, or to boost a bruised
ego, or simply a reminder that "you" are fabulous.  And on that note,
I'm *sending* this to all of you who have been so encouraging,
supportive and positive about my ventures in card-making. Your comments
warm my heart and keep me going, and going, and going....

Thanks for dropping in, and please know that your comments are welcomed and appreciated, deeply!
YOU are fabulous!

Update:  So honoured to be selected as a Top 3 at Unscripted Sketches.  THANK YOU!!!








10 comments:

Michelle said...

That card is...FABULOUS! I adore the stripes that you brought into the design. Brilliant!

Shannon J said...

Ooooh, I love how this one turned out Carol! I've been struggling with both of these challenges, but you have mastered them both. The card just feels fun and would definitely perk anyone up who needs a boost and can easily double as a celebration card! Oh, and btw YOU are FABULOUS!! s.

jessica said...

What a GREAT card! Love your take on the photo inspiration and sketch!
Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at TAWS for our Be Inspired Challenge!!
Jessica
TAWS~DT

Marlena M. said...

I love both your sentiments on this fabulous card! Love the hearts and borders you included here too. Many blessings to you, friend!

*Alison* said...

Such a GREAT take on the challenge.. Way to combine.. I know that can be kind of hard at times.. but you did a wonderful job! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alley Way Stamps challenge
Hugs
-Ali

Happy Dance said...

Yummy! This is very sweet. Great way to mix both challenges into the perfect blend. Might have to stop controlling myself and order that banner...Have a good one. Bev

Geri said...

Hey...how did this one sneak past me? Love the bold black outlines that you carried throughout your card! A perfectly balanced design. Thanks for sending these wishes our way :)

This card making thing does seem to turn us all into the sweet little Duracell bunny....we just keep going and going and going...it's just too much fun to stop!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fantastic take on both challenges! You've combined so many cool images on your card - I love them all! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Such a fun and festive greeting - full of fun shapes and "POPS" of color all wrapped up with the interpretation of the sketch. Love it :)

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the win, Carol! You did a fantastic job with this, even if it was really challenging, and the win was well-deserved!!