Friday, October 20, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #702 - Photo/Moodboard - Boo Pumpkins (Concord and 9th)

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #702, where our wonderful hostess, Ina, has selected this lovely Autumn/Fall mood board as this week's inspiration.

Larger image below:

We're delighted to have Bonnie Klass joining us as our October Guest Designer.

I wanted to create with something other than leaves (I know...weird to say given how much I LOVE leaves of late), so a little wander over to Concord & 9th offered inspiration from one of their designer's cards found here

Even though my card more-or-less cases the original design, it features the palette from the mood board. A quick run through with the Stitched Leaves card front die added some pretty background texture, along with being a 'nod' to the leaves in the photo. I'm pleased with my results; another card for the Halloween stash heading to my sister-in-law.


Looking forward to seeing how the Mood Board inspires you.

Thank you for dropping by!


12 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so darn cute! I love those happy jack-o-lanterns with the pretty leaves and all of the speech bubble boos against that subtle embossed leafy background. Adorable!

Jeanne said...

Look at those happy guys! You did an outstanding job with your inspiration. Love use of the cutting plate for the background, too. 'Gourd' job! ;)

ElizStewart said...

This is so cute Carol! Love the colors and the background leaf plate is great.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a cute inspired card!

Lisa Elton said...

Those jack-o-lanterns wouldn't scare anyone, they're too cute! Delightful card, Carol!

Nancy said...

Such a great Case, Carol. I think the darker background was a great choice. Those Jack-O-Lanterns definitely look joyful.

Bonnie said...

I love the leaf background and all the boos, Carol! This is such a fun Halloween card!

Bobby said...

What a great way to incorporate the colors into your fun Halloween card, Carol.

Carol said...

I commented on this card last weekend and it appeared in the JUGS comments. Ugh! What I said what that those adorable jack o' lanterns are too cute to scare anyone with Boo! What a darling card with our colors this week!!!!

Kim S said...

I love that stamp set and I especially love how you've used it!

Ina G said...

Love how you went way out of the box with this card Carol. Fabulous background for those'scary' pumpkins. So fun!

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable! Jo x