Friday, February 24, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge #284 - Designer's Choice - Stitching - Real or Faux...Happy Birthday Bear (Ellen Hutson Bear card and stuffie)

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #284, where our lovely Pia has selected Stitching - Real or Faux - as her Designer's Choice inspiration for the next to weeks. Stitching dies, stitching on your cards, stitched projects (cross-stitch, quilts, embroidery...): as long as 'stitching' is featured in some fashion on your art, bring it to the gallery. So. Much. Fun!


We're also super excited that Marina, a long-time Ink design team member, is re-joining the team! We're thrilled you're back, Marina!

My little project duo showcases both faux and real stitching. I pretty much always have faux stitching of some fashion on my cards; this one is no exception. Faux on the border of the main panel (hard to see on patterned paper, I know), as well as around the hearts circle. The real stitching is pretty obvious...and lots of it! This set will head to my niece - along with some other cards - for her 13th birthday! Gahhhh! She's a teenager, as of March 3rd! Time has flown...


Of late, I've been investing time in both cross-stitching (we can thank card-maker and cross-stitcher Nicole Spohr for this renewed interest) and stitching with felt, using dies. Below is a sampling of the hearts I stitched - thanks to the awe-mazing dies by Poshta Designs - for my family. They were such fun to make...and more fun to send! My current cross-stitch project (I'm the slowest stitcher EVER, by the way) is the stitch-along project with Nicole Spohr: More Chocolate Bunnies by Hands On Design. I'm already well behind but that's fine...loving every stitch! And yes...we all need more chocolate bunnies!


Excited to see what Stitching styles you'll be sharing with us!

Thank you for dropping by!


8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness! That bear is just precious! So cute. Love the love filled card and all your beautiful hearts! I agree, Nichol got a lot of people interested in cross stitch for the first time or brought us back. I'm so enjoying my journey. Thank you so much for sharing all these delights, Carol. Enjoy your crafty life! I cannot believe your sweet niece is a teenager. I'm sure she is still sweet as ever though. :)

Julia Aston said...

Such a sweet set of card and felt bear Carol! (I have him too and made a tooth fairy bear out of him using a felt stamped tooth to hold the tooth over his belly!) I love him in the white holding the present. Pretty paper and heart die cut on the card. A lovely project for the stitching challenge! Julia xx

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card. Anesha

Marlena M. said...

WOW Carol!!! This is sooo cute and I love how the two projects match~ (super impressed with your tribe of hearts too)

Pia S said...

How perfect is the sticthing theme for you! I'm surprised to see that uber cute hand stictched bear and some real stitching work. It's adorable and I love how he matches the card, which is also super nice and sweet.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for welcoming me back, Carol! These projects - using so many skills - are totally cute and I love the fresh pinks and whites.

Linby said...

oh my goodness - super cute!

Nonni said...

Amazing job with this challenge, Carol! I really love the stitched bear -he is just too too cute. I'm blown away by the hearts too and this has made me think if I could do something like this with dies too for home decor -I'm thinking a Valentine's garland with puffy hearts for example! Hmmm thinking cap on! Thank you for the inspiration! xx