Friday, February 18, 2022

Just Us Girls Challenge #620~Color Week - Teal, Orange and Dark Brown...Sweet Donut Card

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #620, where our lovely hostess, Ina, has selected Teal, Orange and Dark Brown as this week's colour inspirations. 


I had difficulty with this colour combination for a VERY good reason: too many ideas! My first inklings were to choose something fall-themed or use one of my always reliable turnabouts, but then...my new order from MCT arrived and the decision was made! Donut! A search through my patterned paper yielded this random orange polka-dot piece, which I paired with a teal (although it looks more blue in the photo) grid paper from Photoplay and a background panel of light orange. The donut is, obviously, decorated with decadent dark chocolate icing and creamsicle flavoured orange hearts! I left 'sweet' as the solo sentiment, so I can decide, down the road, what 'sweet' message I want to send.  This donut die set is fun...and you'll see it in action really soon (hint, my next post...).


Please check out the awe-mazing cards made by the design team, then bring your teal, orange and dark brown creations to the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great job on this card! I really like the colors you chose!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card! That donut is yummy with the colors

ElizStewart said...

Carol...love, love, love your sweet donut!!!

Nancy said...

If I had my choice, I'd go Donut for sure! This came out so cute or should I say sweet! Hugs!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That yummy looking donut is so perfect for these colors! And that sentiment couldn't be more perfect. Love the combo of patterned papers, too.

Bobby said...

A donut was the way to go, Carol. It looks scrumptious with the dark chocolate frosting and little oragne hearts.

Lisa Elton said...

You're speaking my granddaughter's language with your chocolate frosted sprinkled donut! Cute card, Carol!

Ina G said...

Yummo! that donut looks so inviting. Look at the chocolate icing and those sweet sugary hearts. My mounth is watering. Great fun take on this weeks colours Carol.

Lisa Kind said...

I have those same problems sometimes...to many ideas, too many stamps! Love your donut card! Now I want one! Really "sweet" card!