Friday, October 1, 2021

Inkspirational Challenge #249~Photo Week...Woodland Pyramid Card

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #249,  where we have this fabulous cake photo to spark inspiration. I can't even imagine slicing into this work of art, although I'm sure it will be as tasty on the palette as it is lovely on the eyes!


The trio of blue triangles, the sweet foxes and the pretty leaves caught my eye. I've seen a number of pyramid shaped cards of late and figured the design would work for this photo. Ohmystars! So easy, especially with the nesting squares I used. After creating the base, I inked up two smaller squares with Concord & 9th's Woodlands turnabout stamp, cut them on the diagonal and glued on the larger triangle sections. The little fox circles was the finishing touch. A snippet of velcro to help the card hold it's share and ta dahhh! Success!  Actually, watching a video on how to create the pyramid took longer than the actual doing! It's a fun shape; one I'll play with again.



Please check out my teammates' take on the photo, then play along with us!


Also sharing at:



Thank you for dropping by!


8 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a fun and unique card shape, Carol. It looks terrific. Where would one find out how to make it?

Pia S said...

I’ve never tried this card shape. It was a great choice for you to try it out for this challenge as I think the shape ressemble the tents on the cake. And your stamps are the cutesr. A really fun design, Carol.

Bobby said...

That looks like an interesting fold, Carol. It sure is perfect for the challenge along with your darling fox.

Lindsey said...

Inspired card perfection! You are such a master of the turnabouts. I'm still wrapping my head around how this card comes together - I may have to give one a try!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a fantastic card!! The design looks difficult, even though you claim it to be easy.. it does look awesome, though! I love the little fox - so adorable!! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!

Nancy said...

I made a fold like this once last year! This came out terrific and you always make the best backgrounds! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday I was tickled to see you there!

Marina said...

How clever to make the tent shape- it looks fantastic!

Marlena M. said...

This is INCREDIBLE! LOVE!!!