Friday, December 25, 2020

Inkspirational Challenge #229~Designer's Choice...Snowman Flurry of Happiness inspired by Snowmen on Bike

Hello,

Hope that everyone had a most Merry Christmas celebration, even though, for many of us, things were very different. Hard to believe the day has come and passed so quickly; now, we await the New Year, in anticipation of brighter days and a return to 'normal'.  Fingers crossed!

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #229, where Nonni, for her designer's choice) invites us to share 'something in your home' as part of your card/project.  And speaking of Nonni: after 6 fabulous years, she has decided to leave the Inkspirational team *sob*. You will be very much missed here, my friend...but we know where to find you! 


Because I'm still in Christmas card mode - and likely to be so for another few weeks (please, bear with me *grin*) - I selected a snowman-themed piece of Christmas decor that I made ages-and-ages ago, when I dabbled for a while with painting on wood. Of course, none of the things I made were full-fledged originals; rather, I attended classes where we purchased pre-cut shapes, traced the images and painted, under the guidance of wonderful teachers. I so enjoyed those outings and still have nearly everything I made. The one I'm sharing here is a favourite, even though it teeters a bit; nothing that a hot glue gun wouldn't fix...if I had one! On the post-Christmas shopping list. 

Here's my snowmen, hanging on to one another as they cycle through the snow (the snowflake tires are such fun!), 

and my snowman card...because I LOVE snowmen (and the number of stamps/dies I have is proof)! This fellow is from Your Next Stamp; he's adorable! 


Please check out where this prompt took my teammates, then play along with us!


See you in the gallery!

Also sharing at:



Thank you for dropping by!


7 comments:

Pia S said...

Snowmen are great for Christmas and a large variety of winter occasions, so not the worst theme to have plenty of stash to choose from:) this one’s really nice, set out in a large space of open air. It looks great.

Jeanne said...

Oh Carol, your tole painted snowmen are simply adorable! I used to do that kind of painting, too! I didn't have the same access to wonderful projects and classes when I moved to CO, so that hobby kind of filtered away. But you are so talented in painting, too, I can see! Your snowman card is wonderful. He's such a jolly fellow, colored wonderfully. I love the background and that super fun and delicate looking border! Thanks so much for sharing each of your projects! Hugs!

Maikreations said...

I love both your home decor piece and your cute snowmnan card! The frame around your slimline design looks very elegant and goes perfectly with the wintery design! Wishing you a happy, creative and healthy new year. Happy crafting, Maike

Karen said...

Your snowman is absolutely adorable! Believe it or not, I just got my first set of snowmen.

Lindsey said...

Your cycling snowmen are so cute! And how perfect for your home, as well. ;) Then your card - beautiful! Awesome splattered snowy background, cute little snowdude... and is that a new slimline die, perchance? A perfectly sweet and snowy card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this tall, inky scene! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Marina said...

I love your snowman decor AND your card! Snowmen are so jolly aren't they? I love the snow effect and the lacy frame.