Monday, April 13, 2015

The Pink Elephant Guest Designer...TPE #294~Photo Inspiration, CAS(E) this Sketch #118, Freshly Made Sketches #181

Hello!

It's Monday, and I'm honoured to be back as the April Guest Designer for The Pink Elephant #294, where we're inviting you to....

 create a card/project with inspiration drawn from ...


this STUNNING photo!  

What beautiful table decor...flowers, vases, doilies, greens, and those pure-delight slices of wood coasters...Truly exquisite!



My first card, inspired by the layout at Freshly Made Sketches #181, focuses on the purple of the flowers in the vase in the foreground (going for the 'tinier' details here), as seen in my blooms, the 'grain' of the wood, reflected in my embossed wood-grain background, and the aqua of the vases, in my base.


My second card, inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #118, was incentive to bring out some 'oldie' dies that I haven't used in a while: my doily and rolled flowers. This card is definitely not *mail* friendly, but since I'm adding it to the birthday card stash for my mom's volunteer group for the seniors at the residence she volunteers at, that's all okay. Hopefully, it will bring a smile to one of the resident's faces. I sponged the roses with pink, as a nod to those in the photo, and the rest, pretty self-explanatory.

,

My apologies for the shadows from the rosettes! Despite a series of gymnastics with this card's pose (it's sitting at an angle, against a round vase...rather a precarious perch on the edge of the mantle) to get a 'sort of''decent photo, the shadows still bested my efforts. The real life version is far prettier...

Here's the duo...(shadow splendour on the second...grrr!)


Please head over (or if you've already been, THANK YOU for coming my way) to see the photo inspired delights designed by

Lori (on break, but she'll be back! Promise!)

I'm looking forward to seeing your Photo Inspired Card in The Pink Elephant gallery! 

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,



30 comments:

Rebecca Hoy said...

Such lovely cards, both very pretty! Rebecca x

Carole said...

Two pretty cards carol....but I love love love that first one...as you know my all time favourite flower...fabulous in those colours. Super card.xx

shirley-bee said...

Both fabulous, Carol! I love that doily die.

Marisa said...

Two beauties and I am in my glory with those gorgeous flowers :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Carol, these are both gorgeous, but the first one makes me swoon!!!!!! The design (love that sketch) the colors, the images - just glorious all together. Beautiful work as always!!!!! (PS - Where do the images come from in that card??)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are so beautiful.

Jen Mitchell said...

Gorgeous floral cards! I love those big blooms and all the yummy texture! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim Heggins said...

Two stunning cards...love your gorgeous flowers, they are so amazing.

Susanne Vargas said...

So pretty and perfect for the inspiration picture! But where are the butterflies??? ;)))))

Taunya Butler said...

Oh my, Oh my!!!! In love with these floral cards - gorgeous in every sense!! Love the purple blooms on the first card - oh how they look showcased on that embossed white!! The second card - my jaw dropped - those pink roses are amazing!! And I love how you interpreted the sketch!! Such quality work and I am just in love with what you do!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Two really gorgeous cards, Carol! Your purple bloom is so pretty and perfect with your embossed background! Love your pink flowers on the 2nd card, too! Fabulous take on the CTS challenge!

Bobby said...

Your first card is outstanding, Carol. Love that purple flower. A lot of work must have gone into those rolled flowers. They are lovely.

~amy~ said...

both of your cards are so pretty, love the blooms!

Darnell said...

These are beautiful, Carol! So perfect for spring, for weddings, for love, for anything pretty and feminine! Breathtaking!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

What beautiful cards, Carol!

Anita in France said...

Such beautiful blooms, Carol ... soft, feminine and gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, these are simply stunning, now I do not like purple but for some reason I am drawn more to that one, think it is the back colour to so soft on the eyes, gorgeous makes honey, have a great day hugs Pops x

Kylie said...

What beautiful cards! So very pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your cards are just beautiful! I love the de-bossed background you've given your card - it really adds interest. Your flowers are really pretty too! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Peanut said...

They're both very pretty, Carol. Elegantly feminine!
hugs, Asha

Brenda said...

Oh my Carol, what stunning cards! I love the inspiration photo and I love your take from it as well as from the sketch. You know how much I love that one stamped flower, so gorgeous! I also love, love, love the roses you used on your second card-just stunning! Thanks for all you sweet comments over at my blog, you are just to good to me! Big hugs, Brenda

Shelly said...

Ooooh, beautiful! Love them both!

Geri said...

Gorgeous shades of purple and green - soft, subtle elegance. The wood grain really does provide the perfect backdrop. Love the angled panel and the 'off-the-edge (and not so mail friendly) sentiment banner :)

Wow...you totally nailed the sketch at CTS! I took one look at the sketch and ran for the hills! You dear friend, climbed that hill to the very top with this card! So pretty - your flowers are stunning! I'm calling WWCD!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so pretty! Wonderful take on the CTS sketch!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards, Carol! Love them both!

Monika Reeck said...

first card love it cause it purple and great using the sketch
second card wooooww I love that rose
looks like the decoreated on the cake in my country really elegant..love both

Tracey McNeely said...

You have and are doing such a wonderful job as the guest designer at Pink Elephant Carol! That flower and die, Uniko? Think I may need because you always use it so beautifully!

Migdalia said...

Congrats on your GDS! Beautiful cards!!
Have a wonderful day,
Millie
Crafting With Creative M

Dana said...

Stunning cards!! I love them, so bright and springy!! I love the big purple flower!! I'm really ready to see some flowers!! The doily is fab with the pink flowers!! Awesome job, girly!!

Unknown said...

I know you created two cards, but the first one - oh my! A purple flower and those lush green leaves and die cut so perfectly. Just wonderful! And the second card - I have to admit I never understand the point of those since they are impossible to mail except as a package maybe, but I can see the effort that went into creating those flowers. Great job, C!