Monday, April 6, 2015

Daisies, Enjoy...Creative Blog Hop, STAMPlorations~Anything Goes, Crazy 4 Challenges #280~Daisy/Daisies

Hello once again.

I'm taking part in the Creative Blog Hop and have been nominated by my sweet, lovely and talented  teammate over at Addicted to Stamps and More, Anita, of Neet & Crafty. Her work is nothing short of stellar, and I'm honoured to be chosen, by her, to continue the hop.

Today's card comes to you from inspiration drawn from Crazy 4 Challenges # 280 ~ Daisy or Daisies and STAMPlorations~Anything Goes


Persimmon distress ink, in varying shades, my much-loved STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches Daisies and a sentiment from Trendy Butterflies...voila.


On to the questions: 


1. What are you working on now? 

I’m working on, and simultaneously ‘thinking about working on’ a variety of projects, ranging from design team (I’m so fortunate to be designing for Inkspirational Challenges and Addicted to Stamps and More) and guest designer cards (currently at The Pink Elephant), to challenge entries, to my monthly "Happy XX Month Old" cards for my niece and nephew, who, as many of you know, are bright lights in my life. Added to the list, as of last week, are making birthday cards for my mom's volunteer group at the seniors' residence, to give to the seniors.  Ideas are brewing for other things, as well.

2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?

Challenging question.  As a CAS crafter (eclectic-CAS), I'd say I'm not all that unique (sighhh...but striving to be). Most of my cards are pretty straightforward (and likely repetitious, although I try not to be): white card base, a stitched panel, an image or two (butterflies are my obvious obsession) and a sentiment. I've really veered away from patterned paper, preferring to use inks, and I love, love and love die cuts. Most recently, I'm smitten with word dies, especially those from Winnie and Walter, and I'm also crushing over stencils.  

3. Why do you create what you do?  
I'm addicted to making cards AND I’m a challenge-aholic. It’s just that simple. Challenges inspire me. Without a challenge or two to guide me – sketch, colour, theme - I’m helpless. Seriously. If a technique is included, I’m likely to add that as well, if I can.  I believe most of us enter challenges not only because they encourage us to stretch our styles and our stash, but more so, because of the wonderful, warm supportive community we become part of when we place our cards in Mr. Linky’s hands.  I count the friendships I’ve made through card-making some of the best treasures in my life, and I know many of you are nodding your heads in agreement.  Like-minded people coming together over a shared passion; it’s just mathematically logical that deep friendships result.  And sometimes, we receive the added bonus of meeting these people in real life.  Challenges: a creative vehicle for meeting some of the most amazing, inspiring people ever!

4. How does your creative process work? 

I’m pretty ‘haphazard’ with my approach, which leads to a very happy recycle bin, frequently rubbing its bulging tummy with glee.  My methods depend on what I’m creating, what the challenge calls for, and how I’ve been inspired, Often, what I ‘envision’ doesn’t marry with the execution.  Usually, I work ‘conceptually’ – thinking ‘this’ will work with ‘that’. So I give it a go; some are hits, others (many others) are misses.

I spend inordinate time on some of my cards, and especially the ‘projects,’ like calendars or sets of notecards. I persevere: once I start a card,  I finish it, even it evolves into different iterations from what I initially imagined. A few of those spill into another day (or two). I can’t think of a time – aside from calendars or ‘bulk creations’ (the 90+ Christmas tags I made for my sister-in-law last Christmas) – where I have more than one card going at once.  I’m focused that way; an idea is worked to fruition, or if the time becomes too zany, it’s abandoned (sometimes *grin*)
To carry the hop forward, I'm passing the torch on to the amazing, talented, beyond-compare 
Julia, from Just One More Card,  Her cards are extraordinary, her videos illuminating and entertaining, and best of all (for me, at least), we've become card-exchanging penpals!! Mark your calendars for March 13, because Julia's Creative Hop post is one you don't want to miss. She is DYNAMITE!

Thanks for wading through yet another of my epic posts; thank you for being my friends!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,


24 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Beautiful card (love daisies) - but where are the butterflies??? ;) Just kidding...
Fun to learn a bit more about you!

Becca Cruger said...

Carol - this is LOVELY! It's inky and gorgeous and fabulous. Love the sheer saturation of color and it was amazing to learn a little bit more about you. Your creative process is very much the same as mine. I can't put something down until it's reached its full potential.

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, WOW this is simply stunning ♥ Pops x

Anita in France said...

What a great feature 'interview', Carol ... love how your enthusiasm, energy and joy for card making and blog world shines through! My creative process is evolutionary too ... and just one at a time! Stunning card ... those daisies positively glow! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne said...

What a pretty card and a fun read! Thanks for sharing these parts of you. I enjoyed getting to know you a little bit better. :) Your creativity and enthusiasm for what you do is infectious!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun read and love your card...you're awesome!

Happy Dance said...

Pretty card and always nice to read/learn more about you, my friend! Your joy over cardmaking is infectious - your joy at life is contagious. It's a real pleasure and blessing to call you friend. Btw...thought you'd like to know, if you already didn't...Taylored Expressions has some killer butterfly stamps and dies....Bev

Marisa said...

I love your descriptive writing :) Have a great visual of your recycle bin rubbing his tummy LOL!. Way to stretch yourself with challenges - always enjoy seeing your creations :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

You rock! Great writing~ Love the card!

Kay Miller said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the distress ink background and those gorgeous flowers! So fun reading and learning more about you Carol! I can feel the joy in your creativity! So fun! ((Hugs))

Shelly said...

Your card is beautiful! And I loved reading more about you! I can certainly relate to your creative process. ;) Thanks for sharing!

Pam said...

Beautiful card, Carol! Thanks for sharing about yourself. I love learning how others do this.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your gorgeous flowers. Simply stunning my sweet friend!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning card, Carol! I love how the Persimmon distress inks make your flowers and background really pop and your sentiment is perfect!
It was great fun to learn more about you...looks like we have a lot in common! But, we knew that, right? Hugs to you!

Marina said...

I love the dewy look of your floral card and it's lovely to read more about you.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I'm in awe at your fantastic card carol and I've loved reading your post and learning more about you. I'm with you all the way with the fantastic community of craft friends on blogland... Wish we could all live on the same street eh! Probably wouldn't get a lot of crafting done though! Your image of the best recycle bin made me laugh o out loud... I've got one of those greedy monsters under my desk too! Sarah xx

Geri said...

Stunning card...this color is magnificent! Such a trendy color now - for obvious reasosn! You've done an amazing job showcasing the color, with the images playing the supporting role (in my humble opinion!). Love the look!

AWESOME job answering these questions! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your responses...and when I got to the end of the last question, I thought "hmmmm....these answers could be mine too! No wonder we hit it off so well!

And yes, we were so fortunate to be able to meet IRL and will likely have many more coffee meetings in the future!

Brenda said...

Wow, loving this card Carol! I love that color and of course those beautiful daisies. I love learning more about you by reading how you answered those questions. You did such a fabulous job answering them! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

I love your monochromatic card with those wonderful daisies, Carol. I also like getting to know you better. I keep telling people what an amazing community we have among card makers/bloggers.

Dana said...

Oh gorgeous! Love the color and the water spots!! Great Q & A too!! Loved to learn that little bit more about you!!

Greta said...

Love the rich color & your beautiful blooms, Carol!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hello Carol! Oh this card is so rich and gorgeous and I love your splatters and the placement of those fabulous flowers. I also really enjoyed reading your post. It's nice to know you a bit better. You are a really good writer by the by. I do love that in a person...

Taunya Butler said...

I love it anytime I can learn something new about you!! You are such a dynamo stamper and your cards always impress!! Like the one in this post - beautiful vivid color and daisies!! Love this card alot!! So impressed with your splatters - they look so good!! ANd I love reading your blog - you are fun!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you again so much for nominating me, Carol, and for writing about yourself. It was so much fun to read about how your creative process works. My post is now up, too: http://just-one-more-card.com/2015/04/elephants-and-cupcakes-for-a-birthday-card/