Thursday, September 5, 2024

Just Us Girls Challenge #743 - Color Week - Blue, Rust and Gold - Wax Seal and Wildflowers Mini Slimline Note Card (Spellbinders, TH Wildflowers)

Hello,
Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #743, where our lovely hostess, Bobby, has selected Blue, Rust and Gold for this week's colour challlenge. I love this combination!

We're delighted to have Nance Salkeld as our guest designer for September. You'll see her creativity here for the next few weeks, as well as at her blog, SoulStampin'

I have a 'thing' for wax seals and, because I have *ahem* a few in my stash, they need to get plenty of play time. To that end, whenever possible, I'm going to add them to - or make them stars of - my cards for the next while. Today, you're seeing the oh-so-pretty Sunflower seal used to gather a trio of wildflowers from one of Tim Holtz's collections. Since I had the seals out, I made three more with light blue, gold and rust wax beads...so pretty.


Blue, Rust and Gold: how will they inspire you?

Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well done! I adore this card!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... was wondering when I would start seeing sealing wax incorporated in our cards. I know a couple of vendors are selling it... love how you used it! So unique.

Nance said...

Lovely CAS card and love the wax seal. I've been trying to avoid getting on that trend myself. Using them on the card is great! It adds another elegant feature. I am very happy to be guesting with all of you JUGS gals this month.

Carol said...

I love using wax seals...something about the gushy feeling when you press the heated tool into the wax. This design is fabuluous...using it to gather the sprigs together. Pretty card in our colors this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

I have wax seals from about 15 years ago! Now I also have a couple more. You card is so amazing Carol--LOVE!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so pretty! Love the simple design with those awesome wildflowers and pretty wax seal. Beautiful pairing of this week's colors.

Jeanne said...

So pretty, Carol. Love the colors you chose. Elegant and lovely!

Bobby said...

I love Tim's wildflowers and they look beautiful in the challenge colors anchored with your wonderful seal, Carol.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous sprig in the JUGS colors, Carol - just love the wax seal in that yummy blue too!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love wax seals as well - they were such a big thing when I was a kid, and I used to write lots of letters and use them all the time on the envelopes. So far I have resisted, but you are making that difficult. LOL. I love your design. It put these colors to great use. And I love that fabulous seal!