Thursday, September 12, 2024

Just Us Girls Challenge #744 - Word Week - Hope - Love, Joy, Hope, Peace (TH Christmas Cutouts)

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #744, where our lovely hostess, Sue, has selected HOPE as inspiration for Word Week. Hope...so many directions to go with this simple, yet powerful word.

 Once again, we're delighted to have Nancy joining us as our September Guest Designer.

My many Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies need attention; today's card features Christmas Cutouts. A quick search of examples lead me to this card, created by one of Tim's incredibly talented designers, Cathie Cowles. I full-on cased her. Busier than my usual but once in a while, it's okay to step out of the comfort zone.


Looking forward to seeing how *HOPE* will appear on your cards/projects.



Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Carol said...

I own this set and did not even remember having it until you made this inlaid beauty. Love this warm-feeling card with those great patterned papers! It makes me want to get a book and a warm drink!

Jeanne said...

What a comforting card, perfect for the holidays and encouraging the recipient, Carol. Wonderful!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I too own this set, and I have never used it. I love the way you used it - the papers you used the stars in the inside curve of the moon in the corner, the light in the windows... very warm and welcoming. Great take on our word!

ElizStewart said...

Love your CASE! I think the plaid is what makes this card POP. And it doesn't feel busy to me... it is just fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Good for you turning this into a Christmas card! This is quite fabulous

Lisa Elton said...

I love the plaid peeking through the letters! This has a warm cozy look to it, Carol and it's so cute!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love what you have done with this set! So cute with the plaid letters. Love the heart, stars, moon, houses, trees and print background, I LOVE it all!

Bobby said...

I love the rustic nature of your card, Carol. The plaid peeking through the letters is so much fun.

Ina G said...

Oh this is one beautiful creative colourful card Carol. Love the tartan dp. Gives such life to all those powerful words. Great take on our Word Challenge.