Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #85 - Yellow & Pink - Flower Press Celebrate (Concord and 9th)

Hello,

Welcome to Colour Hues Challenge #85, where our lovely hostess, Hannelie, invites us to use hues of Yellow and Pink as inspiration for the next two weeks. Definitely a combination to herald the arrival of Spring (although it's snowing here at the moment...). 



I decided to revisit one of my favourite Concord & 9th stencils: Flower Press. The whimsy of the flowers and the simplicity of the stencils make this a double win set. Tried some new Simon Says shades of pink ink and some older Altenew yellows. I think they played nicely together.


The challenge will remain open until April 29th at 9 am!

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge and the overall winner will have the opportunity to be a future Guest Designer.

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Julie B said...

Love this Carol, the large pink flowers pop but the yellow and softer pink ones boost their impact. Fab card. :)

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN stencil and beautiful ink blending Carol...you've made the challenge colors SHINE with this lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Stef Perry said...

That is a great stenciled background, Carol! I love the mix of size and colors of the flowers, it's just sooo pretty! I was feeling whiny about our windy 50 degree weather and then I read your blog and am reminded that both you and Tracey are still in the snow zone. Well, at least your pretty card can bring a bit of sunshine into your day and/or the recipients! Spring will come one day, right?

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific use of the colors, this is delightful!

Tracey McNeely said...

You are so talented with ink blending my friend. This is so beautiful and your flowers are blended perfectly. I`m serious lets set up a chat time, maybe next week?

Nancy said...

Gorgeous panel and the colors are just perfect together as you said. Lovely card my dear!

Cindy Beach said...

These whimsical flowers are so pretty tumbling down the card front, Carol! I love your color choices. The feeling of movement makes this the perfect festive card for a celebration!

Karen said...

This is a charming stencil, and just fabulous in shades of pink and yellow! The minute I saw it I wondered where you'd found it. I often think of stencils as a background feature, but this one certainly takes (and deserves) center stage!

Hannelie said...

LOVE this stencil! It looks amazing in yellow and pink! Thanks for making my chosen colors shine Carol!