Monday, August 1, 2022

Color Hues Challenge #46~Special Tribute to Lindsey...I Miss You!

Hello,

What a hard post to write...

On July 21st, we lost our treasured friend and teammate, Lindsey, following her hard-fought battle with cancer. Lindsey was well-known for her amazing creativity, witty sense of humor and immense capacity to support and encourage her design team members and challenge participants.  


Even though I didn't have opportunity to meet Lindsey in person, she was an integral part of my life. Our daily messenger conversations were highlights of my day, where we covered all kinds of topics, from card-making to book recommendations to recipe sharing. I'll miss her insights on 'life stuff', her sense of humour, her ability to lift my spirits. I am blessed to have have known her; a treasured friend in every way.  


Today's color challenge was chosen by Lindsey. The Design Team here, along with Sister Challenge Teammates from Seize the Birthdaywant to honor and celebrate her beautiful, creative life by sharing "Lindsey Inspired" projects using her Blue and Purple combination, along with things she loved the most, as inspiration. We hope you will join us as we pay tribute to our dear friend and teammate.

Lindsey loved many things, and I did my best to replicate a few of them in my card: books, plants, tea  and cozy fleece blankets. My sentiment inside is simple: I miss you. And I do and I will for a very long time to come.  May you be at peace, my dear friend. 


Hope you'll join us at Colour Hues for this most special challenge. 

Thank you for dropping by!


8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful tribute to our dear friend. Wasn't she just one in a million. Love your card, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your teammate and friend, Carol. I think she would have loved this wonderful card that holds some of her favorite things.

Jeanne said...

My heart goes out to all of you who had the pleasure of knowing this beautiful lady. She was and is very loved. Your tribute to her both in words and card is beautiful. Thank you for sharing, Carol. Hugs to you and condolences to all.

Kari D said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend! 💙💜

Glenda J said...

This is just so perfect Carol... you captured everything so well. Love it. Would love for all of us to sit in this room with Linds talking books and drinking tea. You definitely put a tear in my eye with the sentiment. Big hugs.

JulieP said...

You put a lot of thought into this card and it shows. She would have loved this room!!! Only thing missing is a purple Duncan. *wink* I miss her too. Hugs Carol.

Cindy Beach said...

This is a most special card and thoughtful post. I didn't know Lindsey well, but I've learned as others have shared that she and I love some of the same things. How you've incorporated them into this cozy room scene is wonderful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol I'm so sorry it took me so long to get to this card. It stood out to me right from the post but events over the past couple weeks have kept me away. I love your Lindsey take on this kit! I love your curtains and how you loaded te shelves with Lindsey's faves! Super lovely's, hope we can get a chat in again soon! xo