Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Color Hues Challenge #31~Red and Green...Advent Calendar Tags

Hello,

And here we are: December already! Where has the time gone! 

Welcome to Color Hues Challenge #31, where Cindy, our fabulous hostess, has chosen hues of Red & Green for us to play with until December 29th! Lots of time to join in!
  

I made an Advent Tags calendar! All 24 of the tags are the same size (sorry the photos may not reflect that) and feature an assortment of die-cut numbers, along with bits-and bobs of scrap paper, stickers, die-cuts, ephemera...whatever I had that was red and green (plus neutrals). The tags are attached, with a wee bit of magnetic tape, to the backside of 2.5" tins I found at Michaels. Once they're detached from the tins, I can get the tins back (because this calendar will go to either my niece or nephew - I've made a second calendar that I'll share soon) to reuse them for another event. Yes, this took a fair amount of time to make but what a great way to set my Christmas spirit soaring!  The absolute best-est-est part of this calendar was giving it to my niece in person, when she and my brother visited on Sunday on their way home from her ringette tournament.


Tin and backside of tag with magnet. 

Please check out the stunning creation from teammates and our guest designer! 
An array of WOW!
 
Looking forward to seeing a gallery filled with Red and Green.

Michele - Guest Designer


The challenge is open until 9:00 AM (EST) on December 29th.

 The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a 
future Guest Designer!

Also sharing at:


Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Julie B said...

This is so much fun Carol, no wonder your niece loved it. I love the idea of a recyclable Advent calendar, I need to pull out the boys one I made last year and refill it! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Such love is represented in each and every tag, Carol! Oh goodness, I'm betting she just flipped over them!
Pardon me now, while I go in for a closeup? xx
=]

Nancy said...

You have the kindest heart! This is a true labor of love and so happy you got to give it to her in person! Way to make the challenge rock at Color Hues!

Lindsey said...

Absolute brilliance. 'Nuff said. ;)

Jeanne said...

What a fun and festive labor of love, Carol. Sure to be a hit with your niece and nephew. Thank you for sharing!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is amazing, Carol! So sweet!
Have a great week!

Karen said...

What an amazing project, but all your time and effort was worth it! I'm sure your niece and nephew will love it, and it's likely to be one that will be used over and over again,

Bobby said...

What a labor of love, Carol. All those tags are so unique and fun. I'm sure it was a hit with Ms. T.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a beautiful gift, and so inspiring! No wonder it got you in the Christmas spirit! Thanks for sharing about the magnets and the photo of the back - I love your plan to reuse the tins. Wonder what you put inside? Applauding your generous creativity, Carol.

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! Such a beautiful and creative Advent Calendar ! No surprise your niece loved it. It's also such a fabulous idea to use all the bits and bobs of scrap. Love it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko. And have a wonderful New Year's eve !

Beverley said...

How fun is this?! Absolutely LOVE it. Also so lovely to see you joining in on the fun at Uniko. I hope you are well. Crafty Hugs Bev