Friday, March 14, 2014

You...STAMPlorations Bi-Weekly Sketch Challenge #7

Happy Friday, all!

House is clean, laundry done, nearly packed...just waiting for my husband to get here and we are on the road! 

Since I have a bit of time, I'm posting my little entry to the STAMPlorations Bi-Weekly Sketch Challenge #7:

Fabulous sketch - one I'm keeping for down the road. Today's NBUS is MME "Charm" paper pad ...pretty colours and patterns. Navy woodgrain paper...yummy.  I haven't stamped a sentiment inside yet, but I'm thinking YOU on the front opens up possibilities for my sister-in-law (yep, still making cards for her...she's an awesome customer!) to decide.  Perhaps she'll give it to my brother...and I can certainly help her figure out the second half of the sentiment *grin* Sibling love...too much fun!


The scrapbook outlet I discovered a couple visits ago is having a sale (I know..restraint is OUT the window) - 50% off MME products (seriously....50%!!), and tomorrow, 50% off anything in the store that's green.  They showed a photo of their 'green' items...who knew!!  I am soooo going to shop look!

Actually, my shopping agenda has two priorities: gifts for the kiddos. Thanks to a 'hint' from my brother, a backpack is on the list for my nephew (Disney Store...West Edmonton Mall...yuck to the mall, but anything for Mr. Cutie-Pie...), and my niece, well....still not sure.  Perhaps she and Aunty C should go on a shopping trip together...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

17 comments:

Geri said...

Awesome colors Carol! The ric-rac cut at the bottom is perfect with the chevron paper! Love the polaroid die...awesome way to showcase the butterfly and "you". We just got our new computer all rigged up (with considerable help from our son)...but this new keyboard is driving me nuts! Apologies is my fingers accidentally type bad words!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Well, look at you, cranking out post after post before you leave for your weekend of fun and cuddles! You have been a very busy lady! All your cards are fabulous from vintage butterflies, to birthday balloons to this awesome take on the sketch!

Dana said...

Wow I love the colors and layout!! You are Rockin the dies!! I hope you have a great weekend!!

Marisa said...

Love the chevron paper in the BG and way to rock the dies. Had to giggle at you going to West Ed Mall. We have been there twice, but only to the wave pool/slide portion and nothing else LOL! GREAT place to hang out and get some good exercise. Must take your niece and nephew there when they are older - it's a BLAST! My kids LOVE it there and so do I (I'm a big kid LOL!). As for the MME sale - MEEP!!!! Oh how I wish I could go. LOVE their papers! I think you need to "pre-buy" your Birthday and Christmas pressies from hubby there this w/e wink, wink :)

Shannon J said...

Ooooh love those border edges!! The subtle colours of the background paper (which, btw, I LOVE) is spot on and plays with the elements you used so well! The bling jazzes it up just perfectly! You should definitely help your SIL "fill in the blank" on the inside if she's giving it to your brother ;) !! he he he!! Have a fabulous weekend and shop til you drop!! Can't beat 50% off!!!!!!!!

Anita in France said...

Very cool, Carol ... gorgeous chevron paper, paired perfectly with the zig zag borders! Sweet polka dot butterfly and gorgeous bling! Have a fabulous weekend! Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

Fab card! I love how you've echoed the zigzag edges with the chevron BG paper. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations, and happy shopping :)

~amy~ said...

Have a super weekend!!!!!! Awesome take on the sketch! Love that butterfly!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, I love this creation, looks fabulous,looks like real wood with a butterfly just going to land on it, I love butterflies not in real life though them and ladybugs freak meright out, I am sat here with 7 in my lounge at the moment all alone with no one to rescue me and to make it worse 3 of them are black with red spots ewwwww hugs Pops x x x

Greta said...

Glad I have a laptop--bought it to take camping but now it's great in the living room while puppy is napping--just did his first laying on his back asleep--so cute! I love that sketch & how you've used it, Carol! The butterfly & die cut word are perfect! Wish we could shop that 50% off sale together--but then, that could be disaster for both budgets--LOL!

Kylie said...

Ahhh, a SALE!! Go forth and shop away. ;) Have an amazing time with your family. Stay safe on the drive.

Your card is just perfect! Love the colours. Love that you have left it open as to how it is used down the track too. Gorgeous!

Joni Andaya said...

What a FABULOUS card Carol! Oh..so love the chevron background! Fantastic :)

sandie said...

congrats Carol on your win at STAMPlorations. I can't seem to find your email address to send you info on your prize and GDT offer. Could you email me at sandiesandie16@gmail.com
Sandie x

Mrs A. said...

Love the chevron effect and as you have a butterfly and faux stitching would love to see you enter my butterfly challenge #3. hugs Mrs A.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty!

Life and Knits said...

OMG! This is so pretty and love the chevron take. Really pretty!!!

Susie

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love your design, as sweet as you are! Enjoy your weekend.