Sunday, March 30, 2014

You are Wonderful- Mini card and envelope...Little Tangles #33, Colour Q #234

Hello!  I'm still trying to create cards and enter a few challenges, but the limitations of my "mobile crafting unit" are becoming readily evident.  So is the raw truth: I'm totally co-dependent on my cuttlebug and dies! Oh,I'm pining for my stitched rectangles and squares...and sentiment banners...and butterfly dies...and flowers...the lot! Next time, the MCU will be stocked differently!  I've certainly had opportunity to play with stamps/inks a bit more than usual, and with that, have created some masterful EPIC failures! The recycle bin in the vacation rental is rubbing its tummy with glee! Gahhh....

Anyway...one of my 'intended' challenges to play in was Little Tangles Challenge #33,
so I packed along a couple of my N&T sets, my envelope punch and what I 'thought" was envelope making paper.  Sighh...I did, but not enough, as it turns out (see my previous comment about epic failures).  Whenever I participate in Little Tangles challenges, I'm inspired to make sets of cards - not one, bu three. Not sure why, but likely because I find the fonts/images just sooo appealing. So, as per usual, I made three cards; one I trashed, one is envelope-less and one actually made it to the final stages.  Initially, I wasn't super happy with it, because I had to 'downsize' from my original vision. Still, it's a sort of 'sweet' little card with a matching envelope...and if I had brought the 'proper' amount of supplies, I would be sharing a trio.  Oh well, just a little entry this time around.

My colour inspiration came from Colour Q #234, because I need to explore adding variety to my ink choices, rather than relying on patterned paper so often.


Although my inks aren't quite accurate, I came as close as I could.with my little stash...

Ready?  Nothing major exciting; just a little snippet of cutesy...I'm posting two photos, in hopes that the colours can be seen a bit better in 'combination' form.



And...that's that! 

To all who commented on my previous mobile crafting unit cards; THANK YOU!  They are far from being anything beyond basic, but you've made me feel like a crafting queen! My little card is dedicated to you: wonderful, wonderful, wonderful YOU are!!!

Thanks so much dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

21 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how limited supplies stretch us and allow us to see how much we can actually do. Wonderful use of the the colours and jsut love that cute cloud with the words on it :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely design C, and do not fret, relax and enjoy too!

Irish Cherokee said...

I just love these cards. BIG is not always better. The best gifts oft come in small packages. These cards are absolutely adorable. You did more than well with them. Fantastic would be more like it.

sandie said...

I love these, stunning design x

Pop's Cards said...

I love the cloud around the word sweetie really makes you pay attention to it, and the different colours on the second one make it look like a rainbow, gorgeous work as always x x x x x

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a wonderful card/envelope set! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

Anita in France said...

Oh good, a mini card to admire (again!), Carol ... and an envelope. These are so sweet ... a whole new twist on 'every cloud has a silver lining' ... your cute cloud's full to the brim with wonderfulness! Adorable! Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so sweet!

Betty said...

Love the CAS design of your card. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

Brenda said...

I love mini 3x3 cards and yours is so cute Carol! I love the cloud with the different color sentiments and love the cute striped envie! I can't believe you have that many fails when I see cards like this! It is FABULOUS!!! Keep having fun! Hugs

Kay Miller said...

Well, I think you're doing a wonderful job with such a limited stash! And sometimes it's kind of fun to see what you can do with only a few certain supplies. I know sometimes I get overwhelmed when I look at all my stuff and don't know what in the world to do! haha! I love your little cards! They are just adorable! That cloud is super cute! Happy travels!

Susanne Vargas said...

Don't stress yourself out, it's perfectly ok to make just one card for a challenge especially if it's a cute one like this! Love the matching envelope!

Dana said...

Ahh! Super cute card!! I love how you stamped part of the sentiment in the cloud!! An awesome way to use what you have!! Nothing wrong with that!!!

Shannon J said...

Just look at what you are doing with limited supplies!! Totally fun, totally adorable!! Love that rainbow of colours filling up the white fluffy cloud! Super loving that you extended the cloud "outside the box". The matching envie is perfect (I think there's always something special about a card with a matching envie!!). Hope you're still having fun on your get away!!

Geri said...

Two sweet little snippets of cutesy that made me smile! I totally admire your bravery when armed with only a spoon...or in your case, ink and paper...

Nice touch carrying the 'wonderful' to the sweet wee envy! Thanks for taking us along on your holiday :)

Ashley M said...

Great card and envelope set! I love all the colors you chose!

~amy~ said...

super WONDERFUL!

Happy Dance said...

What a sweet little set! Without my craftroom (or a nearby store....lol), I'd be lost, and you, my dear friend, are amazing! With limited supplies you've created something so special. Love the 'wonderful'ly filled cloud, and how you've matched it to the envie. Now, as soon as you get home, we all expect to hear details about your travels! And naturally, see more of your lovely cards! Bev

Wida said...

there is NOTHING wrong with cute! or cutesy! I always liked that cloud stamp from Neat and Tangled!

Sian Ridley said...

I think these guys are super cute!!! The matching envelope finishes the card off perfectly ;) I always find that a limited number of tools and materials make me more creative as you have to work with what you have and think outside the box a little more than usual, as you have done here so well :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Again, you be working the CAS girl, love it!