Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy Birthday, Anita!!....Butterfly Challenge #3: A Stitch in Time, Lesley's Challenge #2, The Paper Players: Clean and Simple Spring

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Anittttaaaaa…
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!


Happy *belated* Birthday, Anita!  So, my dear friend, you thought your birthday would just slide by, BUT, thanks to the careful sleuthing of Bev and Darnell, 'tis not the case!  And, birthdays of awesome blogging friends should not, unnoticed, go!  A little tardy, yes, however, here we are, with a "Happy Birthday, plus one month" celebration.

As much as I wanted to, my capacity to case one of your stunning cards would be, well...impossible. Your talent and creativity in transforming 'simple and clean' images to  works of art is beyond compare.  All of us participating in this wonderful, well-deserved Bev-and-Darnell-orchestrated celebration of 'you' have shared our love for your cards over...and over...and over.  Truth is: you're an incredible artist with the most delightful sense of humour, and the warmest of hearts.  Your comments on my cards, and those I've seen on other's sites, are sources of motivation, inspiration, and encouragement.  You are truly a gem!

My card takes its cue partially from the 'simple' style you have; partially for your obvious love of flowers; partially from your occasion dabbles into 'whimsy' (your smiley vegetable card comes to mind!). I've taken those ingredients, paired them with a sort of new technique to me - inlaid die cuts - and voila... A card that doesn't quite fit the definition of 'cased", but rather, is a special 'case' made exclusively for you, and because of you!  



If you look closely, you'll see inlaid flower patterned paper butterflies, beneath the stamped ones (sorry about the not-so fabulous photography...)

While the image inspiration came from you, Anita, the layout came from Lesley's Challenge #2 sketch

and, since I have some 'faux stitching' accompanying my butterflies, I'm joining Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #3: A Stitch in Time.  It's also 'clean and simple (I think), so linking up as well to The Paper Players Clean and Simple Spring Challenge.

Thank you, Anita, for welcoming me into this community; thank you for being a friend; thank for your sharing your gifts, talents and inspiration with us, and especially, thank you for letting me know that somewhere in my posts, a little 'sparkle' can be found.  

Hope your February birthday was fantastic, and that this one - a month later is equally - or even more so!  Big hugs to you!!

Thank you for dropping by; your visits and comments make my day!




26 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Lovely clean lines and those butterflies look stunning in the 3D effect with the patterned paper just showing through from behind. Love the spring colours.
Thank you for for fluttering by #3. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Ardyth said...

Love the peek of dp under the wings - very creative! Anita will just love this!

Mrs A. said...

p.s. I adore the cake. The colouring is lovely. Hugs Mrs A. May have a go myself at Lesley's challenge.

Shannon J said...

Your words are an absolutely lovely, heartwarming gift for Anita! And of course so is your card!!! Inlaid die cuts!!! With patterned peeking out from underneath?!! Eeeeek!!!! And I adore the way you placed the sentiment, which is perrrfectly stamped, btw!! Those butterflies look like they are ready to flutter off the page and fly all the way to Anita to personally wish her a Happy Birthday!!! How sweet is that?!!!

Happy Dance said...

Carol, you have a way of bringing tears to my eyes with your oh so sweet and thoughtful posts. Anita is sure to being doing much the same after she reads this! She will also be as delighted as I am to see your special card. Quite the beauty!! You have done our friend proud. I love this sweet butterfly card; it's made my heart flutter and pings begin to pong all around my poor, tired brain! Well done!! Bev

Jennifer Jackson said...

Oh - I am loving this card! The sweet butterflies with the fun pattern peeking out behind their wings - so pretty! I am sure your friend will just LOVE it! No worries about being late - I swear - I'm ALWAYS late with cards, although I have stacks of them I always one to make a special one for a each occasion!

Marisa said...

Love the patterned paper under the butterfly wings and what a wonderful tribute/gift for your friend :)

Lesley said...

What a lovely tribute! Happy birthday, Anita! Love your card and that stitched mat shows off those pretty butterflies perfectly!!! Thank you for joining me at the Challenge, Carol!
Smiles,
Lesley

Darnell said...

Oh, Carol, I love your AWEsome butterfly card with the patterned paper peeking though! What a very thoughtful special case for our talented Anita!! You outdid yourself and your post was very touching!! Thank you for joining the surprise party!! Hugs, Darnell

Petra Swart said...

Lovely tribute to Anita, Carol!! Your inlaid butterflies are beautiful!!! Great idea to add the ones on top!!! Beautiful card!!

Geri said...

Carol...you seriously have to write a book! I am always just as amazed with your prose as I am with your fabulous cards! This post is no exception!

Amazing, AMAZING birthday tribute to a dear friend! I love the patterned paper that you have inlaid behind the butterflies - nice touch! The bright colors on your card are just as vibrant as our dear friend Anita!

Another fantabulous card dear friend!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such pretty butterflies - beautiful card! and that cake looks yummy, too!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh, these butterflies are so pretty, Carol! What a beautiful birthday card, I'm sure it will be cherished. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Kay Miller said...

Oh what a lovely card! The colors are wonderful and the inlaid die cut butterflies look amazing! I love the way you bent them to show off the pretty paper inside, and it looks like they are just about to take off! Beautiful work!!

Dana said...

Oh. My. Gosh!'!!! I Love love the pattern paper behind the butterfly's!! Totally genius!!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous card Carol!!! Love those butterflies :)

Nance Leedy said...

Oh so pretty! I love the colors and the inlaid die-cut butterflies. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Anita in France said...

Thank you soooo much, Carol ... your lovely words and sweet wishes have truly touched my heart and brightened my day ... you're such a star! Your card is totally amazing ... from the gorgeous background DP to the stitched mat, from those beautiful, dimensional butterflies to the delicious DP beneath their wings, from the single blings to the cool banner ... so awesome! I'm so delighted you shared in my big belated birthday bash, my dear friend, and made it such a special day! Anita :)

Craftychris said...

This is gorgeous! I so love those butterflies and the pretty paper beneath x

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wonderful job with these!

Cyndi said...

Very pretty and creative!

Brenda said...

Oh this is a beautiful card! I am so loving the butterflies and how you have another pattern paper under the open butterfly and then the "real" butterfly popped up to look like they will fly right off the card! So cool looking! I also love your sentiment going up the side. I never think to do that but think it looks so cool. Hugs

Susanne Vargas said...

Only now I get to make the rounds amid Anita's birthday card! Love yours with the butterflies and the flowers peeking out from underneath!
Thank you for all the sweet comments on my blog - I wish I would be as good with words as you are!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card for Anita's birthday...love your pop up butterflies with the gorgeous patterned paper peeking from behind them. So sweet and I am sure Anita will be in love with your beautiful card.

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a fabulous card, Carol! I know Anita was thrilled!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Okay Carol, you are SO BUSY!!! I can not keep up with you... I love your butterfly card, and it is EXXXXXXtra special you made it for Anita!!

Hugz!