Friday, March 21, 2014

You are Perk-fect...Cure for the Monday Blues #9, Retro sketches #106

Spring Break...two weeks.  Happy. Very.

My husband is in Hinton, a small town near Jasper National Park (we live near Banff National Park), this weekend, working at the final biathlon competition of the year; an event that was rescheduled from a few weeks' back, when temperatures plummeting to -30C made running it absolutely impossible. Even though we had plans in the works, he has to do what he has to do, and go where he needs to be, so we'll do some adapting and adjusting when he's back. In the meantime, my ownsome time will be invested in catching up on some neglected (sorely neglected *shame-face look...kind of*) chores:  laundry...  card-making... vaccuming...card-making...watering the plants, poor bedraggled things...card-making.  Oh, who are we kidding!! Card-making AND catching up on comments are tops on the agenda.

Speaking of commenting...how, how, how do I fall so far behind!! One minute I'm caught up, and in the blink of an eye, all you fabulous crafters have inked up, die-cut, water-coloured, splattered, misted, embossed, fussy-cut and paper-pieced a zillion more!  Stop it! (I don't mean that *grin*)! I need to let you know how your cards bring joy to my days so..since you're not slowing down, I'll need to pick up my pace!

A couple posts to share some of this week's creations (hmmm...maybe that's the fallen-behind answer - because 'quick card-making' doesn't happen with me).

The incredibly talented Amy Tsuruta works magic with any stamp/product she lays her hands on; one of her specialties (among the many she has):  coffee-themed cards. She is, bar none, the Queen of Coffee cards, as a quick visit to her blog (check out this one...I'll wait...isn't it fabulous!) will reveal.  This week, with some new products arriving, I found my 'muse' in Amy...and her love for coffee.

With the layout inspired by Retro sketches #106


and the colours from Cure for the Monday Blues #9 (brown, red, blue...swoon),

here's my little entry....



This one's dedicated to you, Amy!  Hope you don't mind if I join you with the occasional coffee card!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!




14 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Umm...coffee card, always lovely! I love this! You do need a follow widget so I can follow you!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh - this is so cute! I love your take on the sketch!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yeah CM!!! You need a little FOLLOW Me... There are many that would!!
Cute card, love that you play this challenge too!!!!!

~amy~ said...

okay...you're thee bestest.
What a darling card and can you believe it, I don't own that to-go cup. It is on my {very long} wish list:) You managed to combine the challenges wonderfully!

Thanks for the sweet shout out, you made my day! ♥

Susanne Vargas said...

What a fun, "perky" card and a great take on the challenge!

Brenda said...

Hi CM, thanks for stopping by my blog. I do love MCT products, they are so fun to use and work with. I love your "perky" card! I don't have these products...yet. lol Want them though, want everything Miss Emma has come out with. Just need a money tree! lol Hugs

Anita in France said...

Hahaha on staying up to date with commenting, Carol, you and me both! It's because they're are so many amazing and inspiring card makers out there ... including you! What a fun card ... love the pink stamped background tiles with the kraft coffee cup ... so cute! Enjoy all those chores (yeh, right ... more chuckling)! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

I could do with this cup of coffee or perhaps swap for some wine! Love the background xx

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous card!!! And I own that set too, forgot all about it! Love what you did with it too, another one of your cards I will be cas'ing for sure. Enjoy your day, sounds a lot like mine...laundry, card making, run errands, leave comments, bathrooms, more card making. So much fun! I have to agree with you, you think you are caught up on comments and turn away from your computer and there are so many more to do...but I love getting them so I don't mind leaving them. Enjoy your day and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!

Joni Andaya said...

AWESOME take Carol!!! Love this coffee cup :)

Happy Dance said...

Soooo...if hubby ever rides around my area, can you come and can we go out for coffee?! And I have a pile of laundry calling my name, but am successfully ignoring it for today, lol! Such a sweet card, Carol. You always create the most lovely things. Love the pinks under the kraft cup. And your sentiment reminds me that my dad says "perfeck" for perfect! Have a great weekend, and keep on crafting. Bev

Greta said...

Now that is cute! Glad I'm not the only one who can't hear the chores calling & has trouble keeping up with commenting!

Shannon J said...

Ah, faaaa-get about the chores - make cards!!!! And don't worry about the backlog in commenting...I'm going to be joining that club as of today!!! What a perkfect card!! LOVE the sentiment on the sleeve - ack!!! And you found the perkfect background paper again too!!! How do you always do that?!!! ;) Well, I think you're card is perkfect, and I think you are too!!! xo

Taheerah said...

Awesomely punny, well-selected colours and your layout even mimics the wood panelling in the inspiration too! Your day sounds like it was far too busy and also far too cold - I hope you've had some time to put your feet up/craft/feel warmer at least! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!