Thursday, March 13, 2014

Balloons....Wanna Sketch #13, The Card Concept #5

Thursday...already, and tomorrow off to see my family and the "birthday kiddos"!

I'm scuttling with a couple of posts today, before I head off to collect my husband who has started his long bike-riding ventures.  The weather isn't particularly warm, however...he needs to feed his addiction passion, as I do mine.  He's riding into Kananaskis Country - lovely scenery with rolling hills and valleys, and always mountain sheep somewhere in the middle of the highway, licking salt off the road (the babies are soooo cute!) - and I'll meet him in the parking lot at one of the ski hills.  Yep, the 'training' has begun...and before too long, so will the racing season.  Officiating on the horizon...

My card's layout was inspired by Lisa's Wanna Sketch #7,


with images and colours drawn from The Card Concept Challenge #7 (cake...yummm)


When I saw Ardyth's pretty single balloon inspiration, I remembered that I had some Lil 'Inker Balloon dies -NBUS - in my stash (forgetful? Moi...yep!).  Her card sparked mine, which I think falls into Clean and Layered...


I''m going to try one more post before my drive...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!




12 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

Ok, LOVE those balloons and absolutely adore how the sentiment stacks! Thanks for playing with wanna sketch! AND, I can't believe your husband bikes that far! Crazy.

~amy~ said...

Love the green & brown combo! Such a cute birthday card!

Emily Keaton said...

You nailed both challenges perfectly! I can't get over how well your balloons capture those lime green cake pops :-). What a cheerful happy birthday card!

Kay Miller said...

Oh so cute cute cute! Love the little patterned paper balloons! Super fun card Carol and so happy that you played with us at The Card Concept! :)

Shannon J said...

I love, love, LOVE this, Carol!! Did you inlay those stars in the balloons?!! Absolutely FAB! Awesome choice for the background paper peeking out from behind the white overlay - love that combo! My fave: that you tied in the stars on the balloon with the stars you used as a tie for the balloon strings!!! Awesome, awesome card!!!

Dana said...

Oh I love the green and brown colors! And the balloons are amazing!!!

Ardyth said...

Love the graphic feeling of these little balloons! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Greta said...

May have to check out that sketch challenge--love how you used this one, Carol! The paper, balloons, sentiment all make a wonderful card!

Kylie said...

Gosh this is so sweet, Carol! I love love LOVE that sentiment (see what I did there? lol) and those balloons are great! Anyone would be happy happy HAPPY to receive your beautiful card. (Will stop now...someone didn't get enough sleep last night. lol)

Joni Andaya said...

What a happy card Carol!!! Love that you made the balloons green, SO FUN :)

Karen Davis said...

Your balloons are gorgeous Carol. I love the simple framing. Thank you so much for joining us for The Card Concept Challenge.

Jenni's Jems said...

Fab card and love that sentiment! X