Sunday, March 2, 2014

Typewriter Birthday...Freshly Made Sketches #125

Sunday evening, and I confess: I didn't even poke my nose outside this entire weekend. Perhaps not the smartest decision, as we all know that fresh air is invigorating, refreshing, healing. In my defense, I'll say the same thing about card-making *grin*...

Quick post to share my bright, cheery little birthday card, heading off to Freshly Made Sketches #125:
Isn't this a wonderful sketch...so many possibilities, as you can see in the over 100 entries already posted! I'm liking it plenty!


The file folder seems a bit bare, but I wanted the focus on the typewriter and the fun letters. Doodlebug paper rocks!!

Thanks so much for dropping; your visit and comments make my day!



9 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is clever and so cute! Love the designer series paper you've used - it really makes this card so much fun! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Dana said...

I love the typewritter!! The paper is so cute! Goes great with the typewritter!!

Marisa said...

Based on the temps I saw across AB with the windchill tossed in, I wouldn't have poked my nose out either!!! Darling card :)

Mrs A. said...

Like the backing paper lots. Works great against the typewriter. The outdoors somehow doesn't have the same pull as a cosy chair with a duvet wrapped around me! Hugs Mrs A.

Anita in France said...

What a perfect balance of image, DP and colour, Carol ... such fun! Not going out into that chilly fresh air must be good for a body every so often! Hugs, Anita :)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great take on the sketch. I'm loving that fun DSP! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Shannon J said...

Could this be any cooler?!! Nope, it sure couldn't!! The typewriter, paired with the file folder and (eeeeek!) the typewriter key background paper! Fabulous Carol!!! And um, I don't blame you one teensy, weensy, eeny, meeany bit for not venturing out into that horrid weather!! Much smarter to stay home warm and crafty!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

a perfect card for the challenge and I love the bright colors! Big woop for this!

Emily Keaton said...

I hear ya on the Doodlebug paper!!! Your typewriter card is AWESOME! Love how you used all of those fabby elements together for this :)