Saturday, March 22, 2014

You are my Sunshine...TIME OUT #1: Dancing in the Rain, Paper Smooches: SPARKS - Anything Goes, Unscripted Sketches #249

Saturday evening, and I'm in a fluster-y flap because I'm losing track of my card and challenge combinations!  I've self-lectured about the logical and stress-minimizing strategy of  'create, photo, post,' but apparently no one is listening (if I recall, that happened often when I was a teacher...me prattling away, students' eyes glazing over...).  Organization required here...

Before I dash off (warning: series of posts likely to happen), just a couple things:

  • nope, didn't make all my cards today; only a couple. After all, I had chores calling my name (uh, huh...speaking about 'no one listening'...), so I did have those - or partials of those - distracting me.
  • I caught up a wee bit with comments, but still aplenty to go.  So much creativity and beauty must not unnoticed go.  I'm still trekking, my dear friends...

Okay... ready, set go....

TIME OUT Challenges are new on the scene: dynamite DT, a two-week rotation of four themes, and some great sponsors.  "Inspired by Words" is Challenge #1, highlighting the phrase 'Dancing in the Rain'.  I don't own any sentiments with rain or dancing (where's my pencil...added to list), however, I do have stamps that refer to 'sunshine' which is 'sort of' what dancing in the rain invites us to do...see the 'sun' despite the clouds (How's that for word-smithing).  So, with that little interpretation (and please, TIME OUT team, if I'm off base, let me know...), I went to work.

My layout is inspired by this week's Unscripted Sketches #249 (slightly adapted),
and since everything, except the sentiment and frame are Paper Smooches, I'm entering this in their Anything Goes Challenge.

My flowery umbrella card....


NOTE: Honoured and thrilled that this little card was selected as a Top 3 over at Unscripted Sketches. THANK YOU!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day! 


18 comments:

Greta said...

Perfect interpretation, Carol, & I adore this sweet card!

~amy~ said...

I'd love an umbrella like that...it's wonderful!

sandie said...

Carol, I love your line of thinking...works for us at TIME OUT, we are pretty chilled and this is a very creative way to interpret our challenge. And that umbrella is just so pretty, I want one! Thanks for sharing with us at TIME OUT x

Dena J said...

I love this! I'd dance with that gorgeous umbrella - and love the 'raindrops'

Geri said...

I LOVE how you think girl! And your rationalization of how your card came to be...would definitely be scoring HUGE marks in my books! Perfectly balanced design, flawlessly stamped sentiment and colors that would make the raindrops smile...just like I am right now!!!


Then, a kazillion more marks would quickly added to that total with the actual card!!

Dana said...

Awesome take on the sketch!!! I love that umbrella! Is it pattern paper or did you stamp the flowers? Its really cute!!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Such a pretty umbrella and I love the simplicity of this - perfect for our challenge at Time Out, thanks for sharing :)

Shannon J said...

OMG, I'm pretty sure that is the EXACT umbrella I have always wanted!! And you know out here, an umbrella is a MUST! The patterned paper you used to "dress this up" is absolutely divine! Has a bit of an English feel, which reminds me of my beloved Downtown Abbey (I have fallen in love with that show!). Those hearts are so sweet and I think the sentiment works beautifully with the umbrella!!! LOVE IT!!!

Jane said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch, such a clean and crisp card.

Anonymous said...

I am loving your CAS cards, Carol, and this is one of the most adorable yet I've seen from you! Your flowery umbrella is just stinkin' cute and your elements are so perfectly placed! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!

Hugs,
Shery

dstandard said...

Fabulous! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at US!

Beverley said...

Such a HAPPY card & I love the floral umbrella. Great to see you taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge :) Hugs Bev x

RobynsRoostStamping said...

At first I thought I was ready my own post - distraction vs organization- lol. Love the umbrella perfect for the scene outside my window right now, at least it isn't snow... yet.

Anita in France said...

I was smiling even before I saw your card, Carol ... what a splendid floral brolly ... and definitely an antidote to any amount of rain! I'm sooooo behind I'm going to meet myself coming back again! Expect a few visits! Hugs, Anita :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

I LOVE and adore this simple little umbrella, as I look out the window it is pouring in Kirkland, wa! This is perfection for this US challenge my dear, so happy to see you playing, I love seeing your creations, and this one, PERFECTION, I LOVE IT!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches!!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Your bright and colorful card totally makes me SMILE! I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

CONGRATS on your top 3!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Congrats on getting top three! Such a sweet little card. Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!