Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Peeps Love...CAS(E) this Sketch #68

Hello once again; hope everyone is enjoying a marvelous week!  I'm in the countdown to Spring Break; beginning Friday, we have two weeks of freedom!  *fist pump* YES!!  Stay tuned for what we'll be up to, scheduled for a later date.

A brief post for now, because I need to get after my sous chef salad making duties. Before I do, however, just a quick highlight of my weekend with my family.  Best sentence I've ever heard, spoken by my niece and nephew, in unison (they were kind of scrabbling with one another):  "I want to sit on Aunty C's lap."  My heart melted...and so they did, one on each "lap".  My brother was quite amazed; apparently that was one of my nephew's first full sentences. Talk about feeling quite honoured.  Oh yes, my niece was quite tickled with her card filled with tickets; we had plenty of 'practice' with the one that read "Good for One Hug", over and over and over... Love those two oodles upon oodles!!

Some new goodies 'may' have appeared in my mail box of late, so I decided to have a bit of fun with one of the sets: my restroom peeps (yes...you read that right).  Joni's fabulous CAS(E) this Sketch #68 (seriously, she's inspiration, plus, with sketches, techniques, gorgeous cards...)


sparked my little love card.  It's a 'no talking' card, but I think the 'meaning' comes through...


My photo is grainy...grrr!  Another cloudy day, another 'snowfall warning' in the forecast for tonight (I see flakes swirling) and tomorrow. Ummm...hello, Spring...you're welcome to arrive - and stay - any. time.  Soon would be fabulous. Until then, though, I'll just smile my way through staying inside, playing with the newcomers...

Thanks for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!



16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Awww...I'm so glad that you had a great visit! 2 weeks off? That's glorious!

Love your card, the potty people with the fab heart and patterned paper are perfect!

Shannon J said...

Cool, trendy, AWESOME!!! Love, love, LOVE how you used the restroom peeps to represent the second banner - totally brilliant!!! I also love the stitched border - it just adds a subtle but sweetly detailed touch! The colours are just lovely too - so bright and cheerful - perfect for - oh - SPRING BREAK!!! Eeeeeeek!!! Saaaaa-weeeeeet!!!
And I've saved the best 'til last because nothing is better than that heart-melting feeling you experienced on the weekend!!! Pure happiness and joy. Put that feeling in a very special place in your heart because you never want to forget it (and trust me, you won't!). xo

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, big hugs love Pops x x x

Wida said...

I like the fist bump part of the post! made me smile! could I have your email? I would love to send you an RAK :)

Marisa said...

We are finishing up week one of our Spring Break. Looking forward to week two. Enjoy your time off!! Precious how those little ones love you so much - you are an awesome aunt indeed :)

sandie said...

the meaning sure does come through! And the colourful background is a great idea for the banner. Sounds like an adorable weekend x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so sweet! Great take on the sketch!

Susanne Vargas said...

You are right, this card doesn't need a sentiment! It's a great take on the sketch! Love those cheerful colors!
It's so heartwarming to hear you talk about your niece and nephew! Your love for each other really shines through!

Geri said...

..restroom peeps...love it!

Awesome card and super duper interpretation of the sketch! You've done it again...totally nailed the color selection for the peeps & their bubble! Perfect match to the cool chevron paper!

I knew the 'tickets' would be a hit! And with two wee ones sitting on Aunty C's lap, dishing out hug after hug after hug....ah, life is great!

Anita in France said...

No words needed, Carol ... your restroom peeps say it all ... in perfect colour and perfect silence! Your two little sweeties are such a joy ... not just to you but to all of us as you share their delightful antics ... so gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh gosh, that is just too cute!! Love the colors and that cute little restroom couple as Anita put it! haha! Sounds like you had quite a lap full with your little niece and nephew and it is definitely an honor to witness one of his first full sentences to you!! How exciting! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and hopefully some spring weather soon! :)

Irish Cherokee said...

I got the message and the card isn't for me. LOL. Excellent.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

WOW! What a wonderful card. The people are the perfect touch replacement to the banner!

Joni Andaya said...

FABULOUS!!! How sweet is this :) Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

So cute...when I saw your title I was thinking peeps, you know the marshmallow type, not the bathroom type, LOL. This is just too cute!!!

Greta said...

I loved that sketch, too, & your take is darling, Carol!