Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thinking of You...Fusion #6, Butterfly Challenge #3: A Stitch in Time

Well, the vacuuming is done...

Quick post to share a simple card for Fusion #6, where I tried my hand at the full deal,

and yes, with another butterfly making an appearance.  As I mentioned earlier: butterfly obsessed! Perhaps it's because we so rarely see them here in our Rocky Mountains that I'm so smitten. Whatever the case, I do love my butterfly dies, and the number I have speaks to that.

I'm also heading to Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge: A Stitch in Time, as my 'frame' and card base feature stitching.

My solid and outline stamps are a bit offset, deliberately so, as I was inspired by Bev, the inspiration and owner of Uniko Studio stamps, which is the source of my pretty flower and butterflies.  None of my mega-loads of patterned papers had the green/yellow combination I wanted, so I used a little trio flower stamp, from the same set as the larger one, to make my own dp.  In real life, the flowers - large and small - are shimmery...

Laundry calling, as did my husband.  He's 'somewhere' between Banff and Jasper, heading home.

Thanks so much for dropping by;  your visit and comments make my day!

13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I love the stunning CAS style of this card. Gorgeous simple flower and of course the very rare butterfly. Love the faux stitching around edge of the die shape. Thank you for fluutering by #3. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Happy Dance said...

Oh so pretty. Love the offset stamping; such a great technique! Really springy flower colors. And butterflies are a wonderful choice, keep 'em comin' my friend! Love that you made your own dp too. Always fun to see what you've created! Bev

Shannon J said...

Hot dang!!! You MADE that patterned paper?!! As soon as I saw the card, even before I read the post, my first thought was "whoa, where did she get that paper?"!! It's GORGEOUS!! And perfect beyond perfect for the butterfly! Love the stitched border and the dies that create the sweet background for that beautiful flower!! Just awesome, Carol! Hope by now you've been able to welcome your hubby home with open arms!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely!!! You sure are getting all fired up and crafty!!! Lovely colors, I am ready for spring and am using lots of greens too...

Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!!!!!!

Michelle Lupton said...

What a cool take on the Fusion inspiration pic! and I'm obsessed with butterflies, too ;) Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION!

Geri said...

Simple and LOVELY!!! (love that frame!) Thanks so much for joining in with us at FUSION!

Geri said...

You are so the 'butterfly queen' !!!

I'm not sure what to call it but I'm thinking that 'butterfly treatment' is a great way to describe your 'double' butterflies. So visually appealing!!! Gorgeous shades of earthy green and another bang-on perfectly balanced design! You are so on fire girlfriend!

Dana said...

Amazing, just amazing!! I love how you stamped the butterfly to get a pattern!! The frame is very nice too!!

SmilynStef said...

Love those pretty greens ... So very glad you joined us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

~amy~ said...

This turned out wonderful...I'm such a fan of the color green!

Joni Andaya said...

So VERY PRETTY!!! Love this :)

Emily Keaton said...

I love the springy greens that you've brought to this lovely card! You have ever so many gorgeous butterflies!!

Anita in France said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Carol ... love those gorgeous fresh greens .. so spring-like, even though it's not arrived with you yet! Hugs, Anita :)