Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #79 - Copper & Green - Rupert Happy Birthday (TH Rupert, Mini Christmas Icons, C9 Balloons, Honeybee sentiment)

Hello,


Welcome to Colour Hues Challenge #79, where our wonderful hostess, Karen, invites us to combine hues of Copper and Green as inspiration for the next two weeks. A new metallic + plenty of options for green = a fabulous, fun challenge! 


We're delighted to have Greta as our guest designer for this challenge.

In a spur-of-the-moment decision - well, actually, to reach a 'free shipping' threshhold - Tim Holtz's Rupert landed in my cart. My bought-on-a-whim purchase would up being a ton of fun! Not only is he quite easy to assemble, but ohmystars! What a cutie! Extra fabulous: 2024 is the Year of the Dragon, so I have big plans for Rupert to star on a few stages over the next while!

Balloons are from Concord & 9th that I jazzed up with some wee xoxo teensy copper die-cuts; the gift is TH Mimi Christmas icons, sentiment is from Honey Bee stamps; the slimline (haven't made any of those in ages!) is Studio Katia. In real life, the copper is VERY shiny!


Hope Rupert brings you a smile!

Looking forward to seeing your Copper and Green creations in the gallery.

The challenge will be open until January 28th @ 9 AM EST!

Also sharing at:

Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge - Cute Critters - because I think Rupert is very cute!
Seize the Birthday Challenge #275 - Anything Goes Birthday



Thank you for dropping by!


14 comments:

Karen said...

Rupert is adorable, and all the details you added make for one fabulous card! I love everything about this card; those tiny die cut on the balloons are amazing! I can't imagine getting them on so neatly. What a great way to combine products from so many places.

Julie B said...

Rupert is adorable and reminds me of Pete's Dragon! Love how you've gone to the trouble of attaching those fiddly die cuts to your balloons. :)

Linda said...

Your little dragon is so adorable. So much texture and embellishments. Awesome card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Deb said...

This is such a FUN card and the addition of the present and balloons to the dragon make the card perfect for anyone of any age!

Lisa Elton said...

How CUTE is he!! This is oodles of fun, Carol!!

Jeanne said...

Smile achieved! Rupert is delightful. So is your card. Thanks for sharing, Carol!

Julia Aston said...

what a great card using the colors Carol and Rupert is the perfect model for them! love the copper on the balloons and the tiny gift he's bringing to the party! Very fun!! Congrats on the guest DT! Julia xx

Greta said...

WOW--so many different companies used to perfection! Such a great design and so unexpected! Love guesting with you at Color Hues!

JulieP said...

Rupert is AMAZING!!!! And I love your girl math justification. I've never done that myself. (Bwhahahahahaha...just kidding, of course.) I love everything about this fabulous card, including how his tail flows off the side. I can't wait to see your Chinese New Year cards.

Kim S said...

I would never have come up with this idea for those colors - but it is absolutely fantastic!! He is amazing with his copper accents!

Stef Perry said...

I absolutely did break out into a big smile when I saw your card, Carol! Rupert is a total delight and I think he may find a home in my craft room one day! All the details you added just make this card magical! Love it!

Nancy said...

Carol, I think you had the entire team smiling from ear to ear when they saw this card. Rupert could not look any better sporting our colors. The balloons look wonderful too! Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday too!

Megan J said...

Hi Carol, a fun card and got me singing the words to Puff the Magic Dragon, Rupert looks stunning in green and copper. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Marcia Hill said...

Those free shipping if you spend a certain amount sure tug at us, don't they?!! But in this case, you were the winner as Rupert is absolutely delightful Carol, and has totally made me smile! He works beautifully for a slimline card and the color combo just couldn't have been any more perfect for him!! Sweet, sweet card my friend! Hugs. :0)